Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Tips for newbie Mac users

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023105 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
3 Feb 2012 - 2:36 PM

Well Apple make a big deal of how the MacMini uses 85w/hour to power and less than 13w/hour when idling.

The numbers for the Big Macs are harder to spot.
Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Feb 2012 - 2:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012607 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
3 Feb 2012 - 3:12 PM

hmm so a number of them all switched on and left idle might have an affect on the bill, or it might not have too much Grin

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87281 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
3 Feb 2012 - 3:33 PM

Mini Mac gumfff

iMac gumff

Last Modified By CathyT at 3 Feb 2012 - 3:34 PM
answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012607 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
3 Feb 2012 - 3:44 PM

Thanks Cathy.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73886 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2014 - 9:39 AM

Sorry to resurrect this thread. How do you close all the programs down? When I work on a large image it seems to make a difference in processing time.

Also do any Mac users use antivirus software (I've been told you don't need to), and if so which

JJGEE
JJGEE  96319 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2014 - 11:08 AM

Quote: Also do any Mac users use antivirus software (I've been told you don't need to), and if so which

Yes I do and yes you should use anti virus software

I use a product from Intego, so I suggest taking a look at their website for the various packages on offer.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023105 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2014 - 7:36 PM

When you close a program don't just click the red button as that only closes the app window - close it from the File menu. You can also right click in the dock and force it to quit.

Last Modified By keithh at 29 Jul 2014 - 7:37 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.