Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Titles for photo mount

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Keith-Mckevitt
    4 Oct 2012 - 8:40 PM

Hi,
    I have framed a few of my photos recently and framed them. However, I would like to put titles at the bottom of the mount to make them look a bit more classy. I have had a couple of ideas such as self adhesive gold or silver labels (I'm trying to avoid cutting another window in the mount), engraved plates etc. My dilemma is I would like to print black text onto silver or gold labels but cannot find any gold or silver labels suitable for an inkjet printer only a laser printer. Does anyone know where I can purchase gold or silver labels for an inkjet printer from or have any ideas for placing a neat, nicely finished title at the bottom of the mount which doesn't involve cutting another window from the mount. I would be grateful for any ideas.
    regards
    Keith

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Oct 2012 - 8:40 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

IanBurton
    IanBurton  465 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Oct 2012 - 8:48 PM

Hi Keith,
    Have you considered simply writing the title directly onto the mount in pencil ? I tend to use a pencil that is not too soft so it does not stand out too much, after all it's the photo that should dominate the frame.
    Ian.

Keith-Mckevitt
    4 Oct 2012 - 9:05 PM

Hi Ian, yes this was another idea. I was just a bit worried it may look "scruffy". My handwriting is not the best. I was also trying to think of ways of printing onto tracing paper and using it as a template. You make a very good point I hadn't thought of though in that the photo should dominate the frame. Thank you very much for your input.
    Keith

Paul_Anthony
    4 Oct 2012 - 9:12 PM

Ask a friend with nice writing to write on them for you.

CathyI
    CathyI e2 Member 9344 forum postsCathyI vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Oct 2012 - 9:20 PM

How about stamping/embossing the title directly onto the mount? I know a company here in Germany that does this - there must be some in the UK, too...

Keith-Mckevitt
    4 Oct 2012 - 9:37 PM

Ian's idea of writing in pencil has helped. I made a new document in PS Elements and added some text. I then flipped the text layer horizontally, flattened the image and printed it. I then placed the printed reversed text onto the mount and rubbed across the back gently as you do with those rub down letters which left me with a feint but clear title which I then went over gently with pencil... result.
    Thank you everyone. Smile
    Keith

ps. I now also have lots of styles to choose from.

Last Modified By Keith-Mckevitt at 4 Oct 2012 - 11:35 PM
    CathyI
    CathyI e2 Member 9344 forum postsCathyI vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Oct 2012 - 9:41 PM

Good solution! Will have to bear that in mind myself...

gpwalton
    gpwalton  1390 forum posts
    5 Oct 2012 - 1:15 PM

I find that a Brother Labeling Machine is very handy for this purpose. They have diffent label tape finishes available, including Gold and Silver. They cost about 20. Try Staples Stores.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.