Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Titles for photo mount

4 Oct 2012 8:40PM
Hi,
I have framed a few of my photos recently and framed them. However, I would like to put titles at the bottom of the mount to make them look a bit more classy. I have had a couple of ideas such as self adhesive gold or silver labels (I'm trying to avoid cutting another window in the mount), engraved plates etc. My dilemma is I would like to print black text onto silver or gold labels but cannot find any gold or silver labels suitable for an inkjet printer only a laser printer. Does anyone know where I can purchase gold or silver labels for an inkjet printer from or have any ideas for placing a neat, nicely finished title at the bottom of the mount which doesn't involve cutting another window from the mount. I would be grateful for any ideas.
regards
Keith

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

IanBurton e2
5 78 7 United Kingdom
4 Oct 2012 8:48PM
Hi Keith,
Have you considered simply writing the title directly onto the mount in pencil ? I tend to use a pencil that is not too soft so it does not stand out too much, after all it's the photo that should dominate the frame.
Ian.
4 Oct 2012 9:05PM
Hi Ian, yes this was another idea. I was just a bit worried it may look "scruffy". My handwriting is not the best. I was also trying to think of ways of printing onto tracing paper and using it as a template. You make a very good point I hadn't thought of though in that the photo should dominate the frame. Thank you very much for your input.
Keith
Paul_Anthony e2
2 386 4 Wales
4 Oct 2012 9:12PM
Ask a friend with nice writing to write on them for you.
CathyI e2
10 344 3 United Kingdom
4 Oct 2012 9:20PM
How about stamping/embossing the title directly onto the mount? I know a company here in Germany that does this - there must be some in the UK, too...
4 Oct 2012 9:37PM
Ian's idea of writing in pencil has helped. I made a new document in PS Elements and added some text. I then flipped the text layer horizontally, flattened the image and printed it. I then placed the printed reversed text onto the mount and rubbed across the back gently as you do with those rub down letters which left me with a feint but clear title which I then went over gently with pencil... result.
Thank you everyone. Smile
Keith

ps. I now also have lots of styles to choose from.
CathyI e2
10 344 3 United Kingdom
4 Oct 2012 9:41PM
Good solution! Will have to bear that in mind myself...
gpwalton e2
13 90
5 Oct 2012 1:15PM
I find that a Brother Labeling Machine is very handy for this purpose. They have diffent label tape finishes available, including Gold and Silver. They cost about 20. Try Staples Stores.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.