Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more
Can't Access your Account?
New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Do you know when these caps will be back in stock?
Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.
Hello, as well as the caps we got a load of Polo shirts which haven't sold. We won't be getting any more until at least all of the Polo shirts have been sold.
If I read the OP right, there are NO caps to be had Dan.
Why are you saying you have a load in stock????
Wanna revisit that reply there...?
I think Dan is saying that until all the Polo shirts are sold, they will not order any more caps Mike.
We order a range of stuff in a bundle including caps and polos. The caps sold out but the polos haven't. Once the polo's have sold, we may reorder caps and sweaters, which also sold well.
Does that mean that there is a sale on for polo shirts
Quote: as well as the caps we got a load of Polo shirts which haven't sold.
The inference here is a missing word - "either"
Sorry K - and Pete but I don't read this the same as you.
The knitted hats don't seem to be present either?
Seems a little cut off your nose...
We won't get any more stock of the things people want until we sell out of the things that people didn't want (were not so popular).
Seems a little screwey logic to me, but I'm sure it make business sense to someone.
You can imagine one of the supermarkets saying no we're not getting any more stock of milk until all the bacon has been sold - different products for different customers potentially, so no logic in implying that by not stocking one the other will sell quicker.
Lets hope the OP hasn't lost interest in the cap by the time they are back in stock.
Quote: The caps sold out but the polos haven't..
Did the caps have Canon written on them, and Nikon on the polo's? What about the sandals, did they sell?
Quote: Did the caps have Canon written on them, and Nikon on the polo's?
Ha, those days have gone Nikon are neck and neck with Canon these days, and look like they may over take. Also Sony are fast becoming a player for second position.
Quote: Seems a little cut off your nose...
Not really, the caps sold slowly too and we need to buy a larger quantity this time (as we won't be buying other items) to get the necessary discount to sell them at the prices we did.
Quote: Also Sony are fast becoming a player for second position.
In the DSLR market or is that overall....... I'm very surprised.
Quote: In the DSLR market or is that overall....... I'm very surprised.
DSLR - they've grown from about 1% to 20% climbing each month. Nikon and Canon currently have most of the other 80% equally
Yes the last market analysis I saw showed Sony pushing poor Pentax out of the way. It must be worrying for the people at Pentax and Olympus especially if the market is about to go into slow down. From what I could see the Olympus and Pentax volumes looked fairly flat while the other 3 shifted extra units.
Its interesting as most of the progress has been made at the entry level by Sony, and the question comes is that market profitable enough to sustain things as they are?
The forecast Info I have seen predicts that Nikons percentage share will fall in 09, but they will be stronger in the higher profit (and price) segment of the market. That may be good news for many of the existing Nikon users, as it may be a smarter strategy for them and the company.
Pushing cameras like the D300 upwards, plus keeping up with quality lens development, and dropping from below the D90 market (and the mass compact market) may be the best place for Nikon, give its other interests and size.
Sony and Canon have a lot more at stake in the more mass market.
Pete are there not some companies that can support smaller runs at decent costs. I with a couple of friends set up a link with a company to get T-Shirts, wooly hat's, Cap's etc made with club Logo's stitched on.
They are popular and the runs can be kept small. No need to buy in a stock, you just set batch gathering of orders.
i.e set a once a quarter order window, and let people order. We tend to do orders by start of November for Christmas deliveries for example.
ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.
You must be a member to leave a comment
Get the latest photography news straight from ePHOTOzine in your email every month and win prizes!
1st October 2014 - 31st October 2014
Check out ePHOTOzine's inspirational photo month calendar! Each day click on a window to unveil new photography tips, treats and techniques.
View October's Photo Month Calendar