Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

To any edit staff:

Leightonhs e2
8 155 1
11 Nov 2008 3:21PM
Do you know when these caps will be back in stock?

Cheers Smile

-Leighton.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

YoBellzaa e2
7 224 England
11 Nov 2008 3:38PM
Hello, as well as the caps we got a load of Polo shirts which haven't sold. We won't be getting any more until at least all of the Polo shirts have been sold.

Cheers
Dan
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
11 Nov 2008 7:01PM
???????

If I read the OP right, there are NO caps to be had Dan.

Why are you saying you have a load in stock????

Wanna revisit that reply there...?
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
11 Nov 2008 7:13PM
I think Dan is saying that until all the Polo shirts are sold, they will not order any more caps Mike.
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
11 Nov 2008 7:22PM
We order a range of stuff in a bundle including caps and polos. The caps sold out but the polos haven't. Once the polo's have sold, we may reorder caps and sweaters, which also sold well.
bangalicious e2
7 1.3k 5 England
11 Nov 2008 7:59PM
Does that mean that there is a sale on for polo shirts Smile
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
11 Nov 2008 9:31PM

Quote:as well as the caps we got a load of Polo shirts which haven't sold.

The inference here is a missing word - "either"

Sorry K - and Pete but I don't read this the same as you. Smile
PSILVERMAN e2
10 1.3k England
12 Nov 2008 5:45AM
The knitted hats don't seem to be present either?
csurry
12 9.2k 92
12 Nov 2008 8:15AM
Seems a little cut off your nose...

We won't get any more stock of the things people want until we sell out of the things that people didn't want (were not so popular).

Seems a little screwey logic to me, but I'm sure it make business sense to someone.

You can imagine one of the supermarkets saying no we're not getting any more stock of milk until all the bacon has been sold - different products for different customers potentially, so no logic in implying that by not stocking one the other will sell quicker.

Lets hope the OP hasn't lost interest in the cap by the time they are back in stock.
agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
12 Nov 2008 8:40AM

Quote: The caps sold out but the polos haven't..

Did the caps have Canon written on them, and Nikon on the polo's? Wink What about the sandals, did they sell?
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
12 Nov 2008 9:31AM

Quote:Did the caps have Canon written on them, and Nikon on the polo's?
Ha, those days have gone Nikon are neck and neck with Canon these days, and look like they may over take. Also Sony are fast becoming a player for second position.

Quote:Seems a little cut off your nose...

Not really, the caps sold slowly too and we need to buy a larger quantity this time (as we won't be buying other items) to get the necessary discount to sell them at the prices we did.
User_Removed 9 4.9k England
12 Nov 2008 9:57AM

Quote:Also Sony are fast becoming a player for second position.

In the DSLR market or is that overall....... I'm very surprised.
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
12 Nov 2008 10:07AM

Quote:In the DSLR market or is that overall....... I'm very surprised.

DSLR - they've grown from about 1% to 20% climbing each month. Nikon and Canon currently have most of the other 80% equally
strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
12 Nov 2008 10:18AM
Yes the last market analysis I saw showed Sony pushing poor Pentax out of the way. It must be worrying for the people at Pentax and Olympus especially if the market is about to go into slow down. From what I could see the Olympus and Pentax volumes looked fairly flat while the other 3 shifted extra units.

Its interesting as most of the progress has been made at the entry level by Sony, and the question comes is that market profitable enough to sustain things as they are?

The forecast Info I have seen predicts that Nikons percentage share will fall in 09, but they will be stronger in the higher profit (and price) segment of the market. That may be good news for many of the existing Nikon users, as it may be a smarter strategy for them and the company.

Pushing cameras like the D300 upwards, plus keeping up with quality lens development, and dropping from below the D90 market (and the mass compact market) may be the best place for Nikon, give its other interests and size.

Sony and Canon have a lot more at stake in the more mass market.
strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
12 Nov 2008 10:24AM
Pete are there not some companies that can support smaller runs at decent costs. I with a couple of friends set up a link with a company to get T-Shirts, wooly hat's, Cap's etc made with club Logo's stitched on.

They are popular and the runs can be kept small. No need to buy in a stock, you just set batch gathering of orders.

i.e set a once a quarter order window, and let people order. We tend to do orders by start of November for Christmas deliveries for example.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.