Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

To sign or not to sign?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    wenzu78
    wenzu78  2 Malta
    14 Nov 2012 - 9:34 PM

Yep that is the question... Wink

Recently I've come across a post on a particular picture over here which stated that one shouldn't put a sign on the pictures.

What's best to do as I notice many users who actually do add a name in one corner of each upload?

I would appreciate your views as am only a beginner at this and would really like to start off on the right foot.

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards

wenzu

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Nov 2012 - 9:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KNS
    KNS  5106 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Nov 2012 - 9:43 PM

No-one has carte blanche on such matters, if you want to stamp your images do so, if not don't Smile anyone does not like it, sorry but it's their problem, not yours.....we stamp all of our images.

Last Modified By KNS at 14 Nov 2012 - 9:44 PM
    MacroMeister
    14 Nov 2012 - 9:55 PM

I'm definitely going to start doing this. I wake up every morning and forget who I am. Then when I go to my PC and look at some images I think 'Hmmm, I seem to recognize that shot..." If I had my name on them all, I'd know they were mine!!! (insert non-existent rolleyes smilie here)

User_Removed
    14 Nov 2012 - 9:59 PM

By 'Stamp' I assume you mean plastering an image details which, can be done well - or (as is the usual case I find) - very badly.

One of my personal 'pet hates' is seeing a superb image on a website that is totally ruined by the ownership 'banner' emblazoned across it..

(The image is useless commercially to any person saving it and attempting to reproduce it.)

Put your notice on your image if it gives you 'peace of mind' BUT...

Do it in consideration of your work I would council.

MacroMeister
    14 Nov 2012 - 10:00 PM

Quote: By 'Stamp' I assume you mean plastering an image details which, can be done well - or (as is the usual case I find) - very badly.

One of my personal 'pet hates' is seeing a superb image on a website that is totally ruined by the ownership 'banner' emblazoned across it..

(The image is useless commercially to any person saving it and attempting to reproduce it.)

+1

paulcookphotography

Quote: By 'Stamp' I assume you mean plastering an image details which, can be done well - or (as is the usual case I find) - very badly.

Well, yes the image would be useless to anyone trying to save it and use it commercially. Isn't that the point really? Of course, the owner of the image would have the original un-watermarked image on his/her hard-drive if anyone needed to purchase it

Jestertheclown
    14 Nov 2012 - 10:26 PM

The choice is yours.
    If you choose to add one, most of us don't take much notice of logos etc. unless they obscure half of the image.
    One or two others will treat you as if you've committed the photographic crime of the century.
    After all, it's your image; you can do as you please.
    As for the images being useless for commercial purposes, that's only partly true. Low res. images, as you'd upload to here, might not be much use if you want to reproduce them on the side of a bus but they're perfectly OK for use on other websites or reproduced at a small size on leaflets or similar.
    And it's quite possible to produce a respectable A4 print from a 1000px. image. Even, I imagine, one downloaded from here if it's of reasonable quality.

wenzu78
    wenzu78  2 Malta
    15 Nov 2012 - 8:08 AM

Thank you very much guys for all your input on this issue.

Regards to all.

wenzu

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.