Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

To state the obvious, here's my website...

lillypix e2
4 60 4 United Kingdom
17 Jun 2010 2:26PM
If anyone can find a few minutes to take a look at my website, I'd be really happy!

http://www.lillypix.net

It's been online for about a year now and I need to do a major overhaul of the images in the folders, and perhaps the site as well.

My current plans are:

1. Remove the Lianna Gallery - this site was built as a present for me by my other half who thought that building a little embarrassment into it would be a good idea Smile

2. Add a wildlife/nature gallery

3. Eventually, add more galleries in 'collections' and then use the main header galleries (faces, places etc) to showcase the 15-20 best.

Before beginning with this, I thought I'd seek your opinions about the site and the above ideas, and also what other ideas you might have. I'd especially like to know what the colours look like on your screen. I have yet to fully understand the use of different colour spaces and at present they're confusing me, with my images looking vibrant on my home PC and less so on the web....

Comments and criticism (genuine open honest criticism otherwise how am I going to learn!) on the images themselves would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Lianna

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Colours look fine on my monitor Lianna. Lots of interesting pics, I enjoyed looking through the climbing images.
Alex.
benlee e2
4 46 4 United Kingdom
3 Aug 2010 8:58AM
Agreeing with Alex, the colours look fine on my computer.

The shots are cool - I'm a big fan of Travel shots so enjoyed most. I would suggest cutting down the photo to just the best of the best (its hard!) for each category.

In the places and travels it would be good to showcase where you took the photos more - such as subcategories or enlarging the location from the bottom left hand corner.

Personally I don't like the look of the buttons and although flash can do some pretty cool stuff it doesn't work on iPhones or iPads so you limit some amount of people from see your site.

Just some quick thoughts but otherwise look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Cheers,

Ben
19 Sep 2010 9:18PM
Found the site slow to load
Sally
Link removed - please see forum T&Cs
lillypix e2
4 60 4 United Kingdom
25 Oct 2010 5:34PM
Hi all,

Thanks for the comments - and sorry to take so long to say so. I'd obviously removed notifications without realising it!

I now have a new site which I think works much better. I have posted a seperate post about it, and all feedback welcome.

www.lillypix.co.uk

Thanks,
Lianna
3 Nov 2010 9:52PM
Hi Lianna,
I really like the new site - big improvement on the old one and there are some stunning images there, particularly the climbing shots - I really like some of the (Stanage?) landscape shots on the old site. Colours look fine to me and the slideshow on the homepage is nice. It would be nice to have some info on all the shots in the landscape section, particularly location. Also the images are a bit big for me on a 13" macbook - I have to scroll down to see the whole image.

Regards
Mike
lillypix e2
4 60 4 United Kingdom
19 Nov 2010 3:51PM
Thanks Mike - it's nice to know the work has been worth it!

Populating the site with another wedding load of photos is first priority so that the bride and groom can send them off to their mailing lists, and then after that I will be captioning everything except the wedding. It's a big job but I agree it's crucial so I'll need to find the time very soon...

I can never quite make my mind up about the sizing. Those with big screens don't like the small images and those with small screens don't like to scroll and I'm never sure which camp it's better to please!

Thanks again,
Lianna.
19 Nov 2010 3:55PM
Looks really good. I kinda wanted to click the photos on the homepage in hopes that they would take me to that photo or album. I would suggest that if you can, put a contact page on your site with a contact form. I know you have your email addressed linked, but sometimes its not that noticeable to some people Smile.
26 Nov 2010 12:25AM
Looking good Lianna, you made a interesting point about what size to make your images I had the thought too, guess you cant please everyone but as long you can see and appreciate your work that's the main thing.Nice One

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.