Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

To trademark or not to trademark...

thebigyin e2
9 83 6 United Kingdom
3 Oct 2010 1:12PM
Hi Guys & Gals,

Recently I came to a bit of a crossroads with photography either to give up completely in my chosen genre or to grab the opportunity firmly by the horns and try make some cash out of it... and as I enjoy it so much I have decided to give the latter a try.

I know there are thousands if not millions of websites out there doing my particular thing (Adult pay to view), but if I can make even a small amount of the reported millions spent on these sites each year then I will be happy.

I have already registered a .com address with my chosen name, and I am in the process of registering other addresses

My question is though, is it worth trademarking my site name which can be expensive, or is it best to spend what small budget I have on getting traffic to the sites.

Material is not a problem, but I would be looking for the sites to generate income to pay for future shoots.

This is new to me, but also very exciting.. any thoughts or advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks - Alister

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 5 1.4k England
3 Oct 2010 1:13PM
GL HF.
thebigyin e2
9 83 6 United Kingdom
3 Oct 2010 1:26PM

Quote:GL HF.

Explain????

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.