Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Too much to ask for?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    RavenTepes
    12 Jul 2009 - 5:57 AM

So all I want is this. A simple, bare bones camera without all the bells and whistles. I want a camera that has one singular focus (no pun intended)...a body that can produce fantastic imagery and flexability without all of the in-camera garbage that I don't use. I want a spectacular auto-focus with low light capability, a wide ISO range and low noise and cromatic abbrasion. I want as few buttons as possible with exceptional ergonomics. I want elegant simplicity with jaw dropping results. Is that too much to ask for?

Last Modified By RavenTepes at 12 Jul 2009 - 5:59 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Jul 2009 - 5:57 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

magnus
    magnus  9661 forum posts United Arab Emirates5 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Jul 2009 - 6:13 AM

I'd say that there are a lot of cameras out there that fit the bill. It's all about your definitions.....

Quote: the in-camera garbage that I don't use

What you consider garbage my be essential to another user. If you don't use particular features them why is it a problem that they are there?

Quote: cromatic abbrasion.

Don't know about that but Chromatic abberation is a function of the lens not the camera.

If you want as few buttons as possible, full auto needs only one!

Quote: jaw dropping results.

Jaw dropping results are produced by the photographer - not the camera!

keithknight
    12 Jul 2009 - 9:02 AM

Quote:
    Jaw dropping results are produced by the photographer - not the camera!

Can't support that too much.

The most important lens in photography is the one next to your nose. (The photographers eye)

It is not about which button to press, but when - to capture the moment.

It is much more about the light, composition, exposure (which is far more than getting the right amount of light - it is freezing motion, or allowing motion to be blurred), it is about when you want everything to be absolutely in focus and when you want to use differential focus to bring the subject out from the background.

Get yourself a good basic camera and learn how to use it, then you will be able to highlight the areas that are more critical to your style of photography, and you can then upgrade those components as you gain experience.

GreyMoonRising
    12 Jul 2009 - 9:46 AM

Hello Raven, welcome. Fact is most modern Digital SLRs are now of a very high standard. I prefer the Sony alpha models myself but each to their own, good luck with whatever you end up choosing.

P.S it's always a good idea to have a quick look at the photographs of the folk giving advice, it's then you realise the make or cost of their camera kit means...nothing.

Last Modified By GreyMoonRising at 12 Jul 2009 - 9:49 AM
    thewilliam
    12 Jul 2009 - 11:20 AM

I believe that we must to accept that camera-makers need to design products to appeal to as many punters as possible. For this reason, they contain more features than any one user would want or need. The pay-off for us is that such cameras can be sold cheaper. The cost of modern electronic devices depends more on the number that can be sold than their complexity.

There are very few bad cameras around and we even hear some complaints about the offerings of the top makers.

The most important controls are 1. where you stand, 2. where you point the camers and 3. when you press the button.

The early photographers could produce exquisite art using the crudest imaginable equipment. Many modern "photographers" struggle with what was a dream camera.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.