Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Top 10 Happiest Places in the World

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    StrayCat
    StrayCat  1014217 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Jan 2013 - 10:09 PM

Have a look at this, and see what you think.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 Jan 2013 - 10:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade  1014564 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Jan 2013 - 11:53 PM

issused by the central american ministry of truth....

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139370 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jan 2013 - 12:21 AM

Bizarre! Grin

widtink
    widtink e2 Member 1404 forum postswidtink vcard Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jan 2013 - 1:15 AM

Iam just happy for them Wink

Rod

StrayCat
    9 Jan 2013 - 3:08 AM

There isn't a place there that I would feel comfortable visiting. But, that's just me. As far as living in a country that has similar weather and daylight hours year round...boring!Grin

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214407 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jan 2013 - 3:22 AM

Quote: Top 10 Happiest Places in the World

That`s because there all living like its there last day Smile

Louise_Morris
    Louise_Morris e2 Member 32142 forum postsLouise_Morris vcard England
    9 Jan 2013 - 5:50 AM

Is it because they are now just happier that they were?? Nowt so queer as folk I 'suppose!

StrayCat
    9 Jan 2013 - 7:03 AM

Quote: That`s because there all living like its there last day

Never thought of that Paul, makes sense.

I've been to a few of the so-called places they call paradise; if you don't mind living in a compound, and having young punks follow you around trying to intimidate you into giving them money if you step outside, I suppose it wouldn't be that bad. My favourite layover in winter was Los Angeles, right across the street from Redondo Beach. I also spent a lot of time in Mexico City, but I wouldn't cross the border into Mexico today.

ade_mcfade
    9 Jan 2013 - 9:47 AM

Were money not an issue - where would you live?

I've always avoided London because of the capital's financial fleecing - if financially independent, I bet it's an amazing place to live

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53471 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jan 2013 - 10:06 AM

Quote: Were money not an issue - where would you live?

I've always avoided London because of the capital's financial fleecing - if financially independent, I bet it's an amazing place to live

I've worked in London for just over 10 years now apart from a 2 month jaunt to another company in Slough, but i never newhow much I really missed the buzz of london till i came back from those 2 month - its was exciting to be back in the hubbub of it. Yes the commute sucks and some areas don't feel that safe but on balance its great.
    Its flooded with studio, photographers, exhibitions and models/actors etc. so cool there.

But i also love living out in the sticks (near Woking) as its fantastic to come back to the quiet area i live with lots of trees and green surroundings - I'd never want to actually live in London. In my head the peak district is my retirement destination and that's probably because of great childhood memories of the area.

So i reckon the happiest places are where you feel safe, have some excitement and employment; though perhaps most important is to have good friends and family around. - So happiness is not a place its a situation and a person.

So if money were not an issue i'd look to live in a spacious area, build more links with interesting people and help those around me to share in it.

puertouk
    puertouk  21013 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jan 2013 - 11:11 AM

All those countries are decidedly dodgy to live. Military juntas run the countries in most cases and in jamaica, the Yardies run it!

joolsb
    joolsb e2 Member 927107 forum postsjoolsb vcard Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jan 2013 - 11:17 AM

Quote: Were money not an issue - where would you live?

Where I am now. Only I wouldn't have to work for a living... Wink

ade_mcfade
    9 Jan 2013 - 5:00 PM

yeah - I bet the "commute" is a ball ache, people commute there from Leeds!

however, were money no object, you'd not be in the rat race.... get up at 10AM, get a cab to wherever you like... money's no object remember, so you can afford not to work and avoid public transport.

you could eat in Michelin starred restaurants every day, go round galleries at your heart's content... get a studio where you like...

just pondering where that kind of lifestyle would be best.... maybe New York and London appeal to me most.

you'[re right about the people thing - I'm still in Leeds because of that, were I to move back to Manchester, a far superior city in many ways, and one I love, I'd be a single 40 year old bloke with no mates....

StrayCat
    9 Jan 2013 - 8:10 PM

About 18 years ago I was faced with the question; where do I want to live when I retire? At the time, I was commuting 800 miles by air to and from work because I didn't want to live in Toronto, which was my home base. At that time photography was the furthest thing from my mind. I had been spending a bit of time in western Canada while working, and I always wanted to see the Rocky Mountains and do a bit of exploring; wildlife and nature have always been major interests of mine, so the west was a good choice in that respect. I finally talked my wife into giving Calgary a try; I told her to think of it as an extended holiday; and we've been here over 17 years now, and have only seen a small portion of what we want to see. Photography was a natural choice for our lifestyle out here, and it compliments it quite well. It's the only area of Canada that has prairies, mountains, desert, and arctic, and Calgary receives the most sunshine of any city in Canada. We have no provincial sales tax, and the lowest income tax rate in the country by far. Imo, the phrase; veriety is the spice of life, has some meaning to it.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.