Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Top 10 Weirdest Cameras?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    joshwa
    joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 3596 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
    16 May 2011 - 12:09 PM

Hi,

We've put together this list of weirdest digital cameras...
    http://www.ephotozine.com/article/top-10-weirdest-digital-cameras-16464

But what have we missed? And what are the weirdest film cameras out there?

Cheers,

Josh

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 May 2011 - 12:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314963 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    16 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

Can`t remember its name, a digital camera that stored its images on a cd.

lol and mobile phones, there was one recently that could take a separate zoom lens, again i cant remember what its called.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    16 May 2011 - 12:47 PM

The iPhone can take an 8x telephoto zoom, made by Rollei

iphone-telephoto.jpg

keithh
    keithh  1022804 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    16 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

Quote: Can`t remember its name, a digital camera that stored its images on a cd.

The later Sony Mavica's stored to CD.

jondf
    jondf  72474 forum posts
    16 May 2011 - 1:50 PM

4-cam.jpg

Er......

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 63280 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    16 May 2011 - 2:25 PM

Didn't one of Fergies daughters wear that to the royal wedding?

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    16 May 2011 - 3:26 PM

The first Sony Mavica stored to floppy disk, I had one and used to carry around a box of 10 disks. Smile

In the days before digital camera manufacturers sorted out USB connections it made it easy to get photos onto the PC. Smile

hornchurch
    17 May 2011 - 9:20 AM

zenith photo sniper 300 mm lense rifle stock not something you could pull out and use in any city in the world anymore....had someone pull one of these out of a bag to do a p/x when I worked in a photo store

http://www.kameramuseum.de/0-fotokameras/russisch/zenit/photosniper/zenith-snipe...

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318434 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    17 May 2011 - 9:28 AM

For film cameras I'd include the vintage Compass, made back in the 40s, this looked more gadgety than the most gadgety cameras we have to day.

Last Modified By Pete at 17 May 2011 - 9:29 AM
    Just Jas
    Just Jas  1225746 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    17 May 2011 - 1:43 PM

Quote: In the days before digital camera manufacturers sorted out USB connections it made it easy to get photos onto the PC

In those days I used a Jessops 'Flash Path' floppy disk adapter for my Smart Cards. The Smart card was inserted into the adapter, was was the size and shape of a floppy disc. The adapter was then inserted into the floppy disc drive which then read the card. The driver software came with it.

Just Jas
    17 May 2011 - 1:54 PM

Back in the time when Robert Scott was the editor of Practical Photography (1978ish?) the magazine featured a review of a Sony Mavica prototype camera which utilised a magnetic coated disc - long before we had PCs.

The images were very poor and not very many could be stored on the disc.

I remember thinking that I would like one when the system became viable.

As it happens when I saw a Sony Mavica floppy disc version (c1999) I chose a Toshiba Compact instead which took Smart Cards. The Mavica was too expensive at the time anyway.

Just Jas
    17 May 2011 - 1:59 PM

I thought that the Purma Plus was a queer beast. As I recall it changed shutter speed according to whether you held it portrait or landscape orientated

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314963 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    17 May 2011 - 11:04 PM

Quote: For film cameras I'd include the vintage Compass, made back in the 40s

The xpan, a 35mm rangefinder with a real panoramic function Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.