Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Top Photography Tips!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
phil_24
phil_24  8532 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2008 - 11:16 AM

If you know there have already been good threads like this, why not just go and post in one of them to make it active again? LIKE THIS ONE0

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Feb 2008 - 11:16 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

phil_24
phil_24  8532 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2008 - 11:57 AM

Quote: Cameras, tripods, lights, lenses, everything

Fair does - makes me luagh how you point that out to me and then by rereading your first post you state "everything" lol!

Heres my first one:

When going on a shoot where Im gunna be taking photos with spray of water/dirt near my camera I always get a re-sealable food bag. Cut a hole in the front for you lens and put an elestic band around it to stop it moving, thens eal it around your neck strap leving the two ends open for your index fingers.

sidaorb
sidaorb  83857 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2008 - 12:13 PM

A small laminated card A5 ish with equipment checklist dependant on what you are going out to shoot on that day, ie Sport, Landscape, Arcitectural etc etc, saves carrying a load of gear you dont need and also prevents you forgetting anything Smile

sherlob
sherlob e2 Member 82202 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom119 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2008 - 12:48 PM

Spirit level (for the hot shoe) and a sun compass. Both are oldies, but they work. Also I carry a small ball of string and several carabiners - handy when wanting to tweak composition and not destroy the habitat.

Louise_Foto
24 Feb 2008 - 4:01 PM

Once forgot my beanbag. Nipped into Safeway and bought a bag of long grain rice, worked just as good!

CaptivePixels
24 Feb 2008 - 5:50 PM

Bungee cords for lashing the monopod to an immovable object for very long exposures.

NexusImages
NexusImages e2 Member 71844 forum postsNexusImages vcard United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2008 - 9:00 PM

Chris, take a look at amazon (disclaimer:other book retailers are available Wink), they have a paperback book of the BBC2 Trade secrets series. Take a look at the index pages, there are a fair few pages on photography.

My top tip has to be leave the kids, dog, husband and phone at home... a tide guide and a spare pair of socks usually come in handy too.
Amanda.

olesya
olesya  7 Scotland
24 Feb 2008 - 9:25 PM

Quote: Bungee cords for lashing the monopod to an immovable object for very long exposures.

How does this work?

KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72417 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
24 Feb 2008 - 9:42 PM

Slightly obscure...but a tip I saw in a motorbike mag recently about backpack bags...never zip up both sides to meet at the top/middle, always zip one right around to a side/bottom position.. Wind pressure has caused many a backpack to gradually unzip itself and spread the bag's contents in your wake...
(obviously this will only apply to a few readers...!!)
Kevin.

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2008 - 9:48 PM

Kevin that's so good I'm changing my backpack ways. Thanks for that!

Smile

BEVZED
BEVZED e2 Member 71139 forum postsBEVZED vcard United Kingdom
24 Feb 2008 - 9:52 PM

Quote: never zip up both sides to meet at the top/middle

I learnt that lesson a good while back ... wondered why the dog kept walking back down the beach and sitting down .. D70 face down on the rocks - bag wide open on my back .. Sad
That was just strolling not biking!

Kris_Dutson
24 Feb 2008 - 10:10 PM

Baby wipes clean just about anything off anything. Especially good for salt encusted filters and lens front elements. Follow up with a dry microfibre cloth.

KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72417 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
24 Feb 2008 - 10:14 PM

Quote: I learnt that lesson a good while back

...But now we've saved littering on the M1 from Suzi's Hyabusa...Wink
Kevin.

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2008 - 10:24 PM

LOL Kevin! So that's where my cable release ended up .. in the fast lane as I roared away at 200 mph ..

yeah right .. Wink

more like being dropped somewhere on a village green as I wandered about vaguely with my backpack hanging open to the four winds .. doh!

sidaorb
sidaorb  83857 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2008 - 10:26 PM

Quote: in the fast lane as I roared away at 200 mph ..

Epz panning lesson courtesy of Suzi Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.