Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Top Photography Tips!

phil_24 8 532 2 England
24 Feb 2008 11:16AM
If you know there have already been good threads like this, why not just go and post in one of them to make it active again? LIKE THIS ONE0

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

phil_24 8 532 2 England
24 Feb 2008 11:57AM

Quote:Cameras, tripods, lights, lenses, everything

Fair does - makes me luagh how you point that out to me and then by rereading your first post you state "everything" lol!

Heres my first one:

When going on a shoot where Im gunna be taking photos with spray of water/dirt near my camera I always get a re-sealable food bag. Cut a hole in the front for you lens and put an elestic band around it to stop it moving, thens eal it around your neck strap leving the two ends open for your index fingers.
sidaorb 8 3.9k 2 England
24 Feb 2008 12:13PM
A small laminated card A5 ish with equipment checklist dependant on what you are going out to shoot on that day, ie Sport, Landscape, Arcitectural etc etc, saves carrying a load of gear you dont need and also prevents you forgetting anything Smile
sherlob e2
8 2.4k 126 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2008 12:48PM
Spirit level (for the hot shoe) and a sun compass. Both are oldies, but they work. Also I carry a small ball of string and several carabiners - handy when wanting to tweak composition and not destroy the habitat.
24 Feb 2008 4:01PM
Once forgot my beanbag. Nipped into Safeway and bought a bag of long grain rice, worked just as good!
CaptivePixels 6 343 2 Scotland
24 Feb 2008 5:50PM
Bungee cords for lashing the monopod to an immovable object for very long exposures.
NexusImages 7 1.8k 4 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2008 9:00PM
Chris, take a look at amazon (disclaimer:other book retailers are available Wink), they have a paperback book of the BBC2 Trade secrets series. Take a look at the index pages, there are a fair few pages on photography.

My top tip has to be leave the kids, dog, husband and phone at home... a tide guide and a spare pair of socks usually come in handy too.
Amanda.
olesya 7 18 Scotland
24 Feb 2008 9:25PM

Quote:Bungee cords for lashing the monopod to an immovable object for very long exposures.

How does this work?
24 Feb 2008 9:42PM
Slightly obscure...but a tip I saw in a motorbike mag recently about backpack bags...never zip up both sides to meet at the top/middle, always zip one right around to a side/bottom position.. Wind pressure has caused many a backpack to gradually unzip itself and spread the bag's contents in your wake...
(obviously this will only apply to a few readers...!!)
Kevin.
SuziBlue 12 16.2k 10 Scotland
24 Feb 2008 9:48PM
Kevin that's so good I'm changing my backpack ways. Thanks for that!

Smile
BEVZED e2
7 1.1k United Kingdom
24 Feb 2008 9:52PM

Quote:never zip up both sides to meet at the top/middle

I learnt that lesson a good while back ... wondered why the dog kept walking back down the beach and sitting down .. D70 face down on the rocks - bag wide open on my back .. Sad
That was just strolling not biking!
Kris_Dutson 12 8.2k 1 England
24 Feb 2008 10:10PM
Baby wipes clean just about anything off anything. Especially good for salt encusted filters and lens front elements. Follow up with a dry microfibre cloth.
24 Feb 2008 10:14PM

Quote:I learnt that lesson a good while back

...But now we've saved littering on the M1 from Suzi's Hyabusa...Wink
Kevin.
SuziBlue 12 16.2k 10 Scotland
24 Feb 2008 10:24PM
LOL Kevin! So that's where my cable release ended up .. in the fast lane as I roared away at 200 mph ..

yeah right .. Wink

more like being dropped somewhere on a village green as I wandered about vaguely with my backpack hanging open to the four winds .. doh!
sidaorb 8 3.9k 2 England
24 Feb 2008 10:26PM

Quote: in the fast lane as I roared away at 200 mph ..

Epz panning lesson courtesy of Suzi Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.