Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Top Photography Tips!

discreetphoton e2
10 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
23 Mar 2008 4:48PM
Short of a green background for indoor wildlife shots? Post a bunch of tips on this thread, and Chris'll turn 'em green in no time at all. Voila! Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
23 Mar 2008 5:10PM
Don't know about 'bookmarking' this thread but I've certainly dragged the URL to my 'Favourites' bar!
pepperst e2
7 2.3k 4 Wales
23 Mar 2008 5:21PM
Toilet paper and some electrical tape = student defuser.

And always carry your camera on you!

At an interview for a photojournalism degree course this year I was the only person with a camera on them.

You never know what will happen on the way to the shops!
JJGEE
10 6.4k 18 England
23 Mar 2008 5:45PM
For Landscape Photography a Map and Compass.
You can then find out where you are and in what direction you are focussing... aiding the identification of distant features, e.g. hills / curches etc.
scotty99 e2
8 123
30 Mar 2008 10:35PM
In my memory card wallet I have the ones I have used facing inwards, and empty ones with the company logo facing out, this way you can pull out a fresh one ready for shooting, it's not Stephen Hawking genius but it makes things a tad simpler.
sidaorb e2
8 3.9k 2 England
30 Mar 2008 10:37PM

Quote:In my memory card wallet I have the ones I have used facing inwards, and empty ones with the company logo facing out, this way you can pull out a fresh one ready for shooting, it's not Stephen Hawking genius but it makes things a tad simpler.

Second this one, if I can see its a lexar its unused, if I can see my card number (on the back) its full Smile
scotty99 e2
8 123
30 Mar 2008 11:19PM
Blatant product promotion for Lexar there Carl? I'm sure you wouldn't accept any free goodies from them if say a lexar employee was browing this thread would you... lolz.................

I of course use the wonderful products from SANDISK..THAT SANDISK, their brilliant ULTRA II cards, and of course the blistering write times of the EXTREME IV's which never let me down, did I mention I love the SANDISK products just incase anyone from SANDISK is reading this thread

he he

Scott
russimp e2
6 49 United Kingdom
30 Mar 2008 11:53PM
Wow - just watched the "50p image stabliser" vid (posted on p3 of this thread). That's bloody genius!!

Chris.
SuziBlue e2
12 16.2k 10 Scotland
31 Mar 2008 12:40AM
Isn't it just! Cheaper than a Tesco tin of beans. 8-]
boony e2
8 978 3 United Kingdom
31 Mar 2008 1:45PM
put a card/film ion the camera BEFORE you start to shoot.

make sure you lens is attached to cam properly beofre waving it around (my 24-105 "fell off" last weekend , luckily no damage but i dont think that UV filter will ever filter anymore UV)
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
31 Mar 2008 4:57PM
If your camera has a twin memory card slot, put it to good use and load a card in each.

Its very easy to go out forgetting your spares, this way at least you have one.

In many cases you can swap cards without opening the card door.
Burgy_Tog e2
10 634 United Kingdom
31 Mar 2008 4:59PM
I use a couple of Sandisk pouches that were supplied with their cards and have them clipped to the camera straps with 2 CF cards in each.
stevieb e2
10 3.0k 2 Panama
31 Mar 2008 6:39PM
Don't drop a Canon 5D on to block paving :-(
ronss e2
8 1.2k Canada
5 Apr 2008 12:14AM
When you use a flash like my good old Metz 45 CT-1, which has a base that screws onto the bottom of the camera, and then has the flash clipping onto the base, always carry the camera by the strap, not by just hanging onto the flash. That way, when the link joining the flash to the camera fails, the flash falls instead of the camera.

Luckily, when it happened to me, the camera landed on my foot, then rolled onto the pavement. Appears undamaged, still works.
NickParry e2
9 1.0k 79 Wales
21 Dec 2008 1:50PM
Strobist is a great site for tips too :

Strobist

Nick Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.