Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Top Photography Tips!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
discreetphoton
discreetphoton Site Moderator 93427 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
23 Mar 2008 - 4:48 PM

Short of a green background for indoor wildlife shots? Post a bunch of tips on this thread, and Chris'll turn 'em green in no time at all. Voila! Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Mar 2008 - 4:48 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
23 Mar 2008 - 5:10 PM

Don't know about 'bookmarking' this thread but I've certainly dragged the URL to my 'Favourites' bar!

Last Modified By User_Removed at 23 Mar 2008 - 5:10 PM
pepperst
pepperst  62328 forum posts Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
23 Mar 2008 - 5:21 PM

Toilet paper and some electrical tape = student defuser.

And always carry your camera on you!

At an interview for a photojournalism degree course this year I was the only person with a camera on them.

You never know what will happen on the way to the shops!

JJGEE
JJGEE  96101 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
23 Mar 2008 - 5:45 PM

For Landscape Photography a Map and Compass.
You can then find out where you are and in what direction you are focussing... aiding the identification of distant features, e.g. hills / curches etc.

scotty99
scotty99  7113 forum posts
30 Mar 2008 - 10:35 PM

In my memory card wallet I have the ones I have used facing inwards, and empty ones with the company logo facing out, this way you can pull out a fresh one ready for shooting, it's not Stephen Hawking genius but it makes things a tad simpler.

sidaorb
sidaorb  83857 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
30 Mar 2008 - 10:37 PM

Quote: In my memory card wallet I have the ones I have used facing inwards, and empty ones with the company logo facing out, this way you can pull out a fresh one ready for shooting, it's not Stephen Hawking genius but it makes things a tad simpler.

Second this one, if I can see its a lexar its unused, if I can see my card number (on the back) its full Smile

scotty99
scotty99  7113 forum posts
30 Mar 2008 - 11:19 PM

Blatant product promotion for Lexar there Carl? I'm sure you wouldn't accept any free goodies from them if say a lexar employee was browing this thread would you... lolz.................

I of course use the wonderful products from SANDISK..THAT SANDISK, their brilliant ULTRA II cards, and of course the blistering write times of the EXTREME IV's which never let me down, did I mention I love the SANDISK products just incase anyone from SANDISK is reading this thread

he he

Scott

russimp
russimp  649 forum posts United Kingdom
30 Mar 2008 - 11:53 PM

Wow - just watched the "50p image stabliser" vid (posted on p3 of this thread). That's bloody genius!!

Chris.

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
31 Mar 2008 - 12:40 AM

Isn't it just! Cheaper than a Tesco tin of beans. 8-]

boony
boony  7978 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
31 Mar 2008 - 1:45 PM

put a card/film ion the camera BEFORE you start to shoot.

make sure you lens is attached to cam properly beofre waving it around (my 24-105 "fell off" last weekend , luckily no damage but i dont think that UV filter will ever filter anymore UV)

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214388 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
31 Mar 2008 - 4:57 PM

If your camera has a twin memory card slot, put it to good use and load a card in each.

Its very easy to go out forgetting your spares, this way at least you have one.

In many cases you can swap cards without opening the card door.

Burgy_Tog
Burgy_Tog  10634 forum posts United Kingdom
31 Mar 2008 - 4:59 PM

I use a couple of Sandisk pouches that were supplied with their cards and have them clipped to the camera straps with 2 CF cards in each.

stevieb
stevieb  102994 forum posts Panama2 Constructive Critique Points
31 Mar 2008 - 6:39 PM

Don't drop a Canon 5D on to block paving :-(

ronss
ronss  71243 forum posts Canada
5 Apr 2008 - 12:14 AM

When you use a flash like my good old Metz 45 CT-1, which has a base that screws onto the bottom of the camera, and then has the flash clipping onto the base, always carry the camera by the strap, not by just hanging onto the flash. That way, when the link joining the flash to the camera fails, the flash falls instead of the camera.

Luckily, when it happened to me, the camera landed on my foot, then rolled onto the pavement. Appears undamaged, still works.

Last Modified By ronss at 5 Apr 2008 - 12:14 AM
NickParry
NickParry  81016 forum posts Wales79 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2008 - 1:50 PM

Strobist is a great site for tips too :

Strobist

Nick Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.