Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Torridon, Applecross, Skye or Inverpolly

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
kinfatric
kinfatric  9550 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
24 Dec 2006 - 10:36 AM

Hi, I'm intending visiting these areas from the 4/1/07 dependent on weather conditions. It's my intention to be in a position to try and catch early light in areas where it would be beneficial, so early rises and good outdoor clothing are essential, nothing off of known routes will be challenged. As it's mid winter some spectacular scenery will hopefully be available (weather dependent) the day will be short with darkness at around 4 p.m. it would give plenty of time to plan the next day and exchange views techniques etc. look over the days shoot and have a few beers or whatever. If anyones interested drop me a pm or put your thoughts down here.

I'll take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Dec 2006 - 10:36 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dalischone
24 Dec 2006 - 10:48 AM

I'm jealous Kin!!!! Have a fantastic time, there's plenty of great pubs in those areas too for you to enjoy!!!

I'm sure you'll come back with some stoaters - lol!

Have a wonderful Christmas and best wishes to you and yours.

All the best for 2007 too!

Tracy

kinfatric
24 Dec 2006 - 10:52 AM

All the best to you too Tracy...why don't you come along if you can manage the time.

jeanie
jeanie e2 Member 105968 forum postsjeanie vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
24 Dec 2006 - 11:00 AM

Add me to the list of jealous folk : (

Have a super time Kin and bring us back some wonderful images....

Jeanie

kinfatric
24 Dec 2006 - 11:13 AM

Thanks Jeanie I'll try Smile

fletchphoto
24 Dec 2006 - 1:44 PM

i love the Wester Ross part of Scotland and wish I was going with you,but unfortunately thats the day i head back to work. i will be up that way on the 27th/28th Dec but you can guarantee that it will be raining grey and overcast, especially for me!:-( Have a good time and best of luck with the weather

kinfatric
24 Dec 2006 - 1:55 PM

hi Dave yes my dates may not suit as a lot of people will be heading back to work, I hope your visit will give you plenty of opportunities for a shot or two.

fletchphoto
24 Dec 2006 - 2:05 PM

If i get any i will post them for you to see

Camairish
Camairish  81276 forum posts Scotland
24 Dec 2006 - 4:09 PM

I'm very very jealous. Have a great time & I hope the weather is good to you.
Ian.

clayton
clayton  1144 forum posts
24 Dec 2006 - 7:45 PM

How close to loch Assynt are you going?

kinfatric
24 Dec 2006 - 7:55 PM

As Loch Assynt isn't that far north of Ullapool and the Inverpolly area and if I don't decide to go to Skye (depending on reponse to this post) then it would be on my return route.

fletchphoto
24 Dec 2006 - 11:04 PM

How long do you intend to go for?

kinfatric
25 Dec 2006 - 10:49 AM

that would be three days Dave

fletchphoto
25 Dec 2006 - 10:58 AM

Well hope they are good ones. Looks like the forecast for when I'm up there is rain :-( I'm staying about an hours drive from Applecross at my cousins at Loch Luichart so I can pick and choose if the weather lives up to the forecast. Have a nice xmas

Snapper
Snapper  93738 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
25 Dec 2006 - 11:04 AM

Don't ignore the Luichart area itself as it may be the last chance you'll get for a clean shot.

It also strikes me on reading the objection that photographers never seem to be counted amongst thos who would be disadvantaged by such schemes, possibly because we don't have an organised voice?

(note: this is not an invitation to open up a pro/anti windfarm debate!!!) Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.