Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

touch up

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    tunna72
    tunna72  1 United Kingdom
    19 Nov 2012 - 9:21 AM

being a new member and looking at the photos it seems to me lots of members use computer software to enhance there photos is this right and if so what programmes do they use.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Nov 2012 - 9:21 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GarethRobinson
    GarethRobinson e2 Member 8979 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Nov 2012 - 9:29 AM

Usually Photoshop Elements the cheapest and does 99% of what most would need, Adobe Light Room next on the ladder price wise, Adobe Cs5/6 the most expensive but the most professional.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 19 Nov 2012 - 9:34 AM
    Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Nov 2012 - 9:30 AM

Welcome to ePHOTOzine Dave, and thanks for joining in in the forums. I use Lightroom and Photoshop

Last Modified By Pete at 19 Nov 2012 - 9:30 AM
    cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104016 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Nov 2012 - 9:53 AM

Welcome Dave...I've recently graduated to Lightroom, but started off with Picasa and pixlr..both free and a great way to learn the basics. I also tried `Gimp' but found it too unwieldy. I think you have to make some decisions about what you want from the software before you invest. Smile

puertouk
    puertouk  21065 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Nov 2012 - 10:04 AM

Welcome to EPX. I use Lightroom 4.2 and Photoshop CS6

mikehit
    mikehit  56329 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Nov 2012 - 10:07 AM

I use Lightroom and Photoshop Elements. If you have Canon gear, their free processing software is great and Picassa is a very good free photo organiser software.

Jestertheclown
    19 Nov 2012 - 10:23 AM

Lightroom and Photoshop CS5 & CS6.

Occasionally FastStone and Picasa.

User_Removed
    19 Nov 2012 - 11:04 AM

Hi Dave.

I was lucky in that a was a late convert from film to digital and bought my first digital SLR just about the same time as Adobe introduced Lightroom. So, more by chance than design, that forms the basis of my post-exposure processing. Very, very satisfied with it, especially now that it is version 4.2.

Being a technophile I also use Photoshop CS6, Nik SilverEfexPro2, HDREfexPro2 and ColorEfexPro4 and a variety of Topaz plug-ins. But the important point is that I use all those other packages from within Lightroom which, really, still forms the backbone of my workflow system.

By the way, when you say "being a new member and looking at the photos it seems to me lots of members use computer software to enhance there photos", how could you tell?

Last Modified By User_Removed at 19 Nov 2012 - 11:05 AM
    tunna72
    tunna72  1 United Kingdom
    19 Nov 2012 - 1:15 PM

Tx guys for answering my letter , the reason I thought some photos were enhanced is the lighting effect some have and also some seem to have lots of colour saturation.
    My gear is a Panasonic fz48 and I have an extra zoom lens and macro lens to attach when I require them

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.