Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Tour de France

arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2013 8:40AM
Well, the peleton heads into the Pyrenees for the first proper mountain stages today,
which is where the main contenders for yellow jersey can make some impact.
Anyone else following this?
Anyone got any favourites?
Talk to me! Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB 8 4.4k 163 England
6 Jul 2013 8:46AM
Hubby loves the Tour de France - so we watch it.

It's okay, I can take it or leave it - but one thing that infuriates me are the so-called 'fans'. The prats that run along side (sometimes even giving the competitor a push). When the cyclists get onto the mountains the 'fans' seem to get more and more and closer and closer, there's hardly room for one bike, let alone the numbers there are................as for a competition with overtaking, no chance. I think it would be a lot more enjoyable without those types of 'fans'!!
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2013 9:00AM

Quote:Hubby loves the Tour de France - so we watch it
Haha Smile

Yeah, I know the 'fans' you're talking about Karen - some of them aren't always so helpful from what I've seen in the past.
It is and has always been a part of the event, and the riders put up with it Smile
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
6 Jul 2013 9:29AM
We both enjoy watching it every year. I know the woolybills (Bill & Moira) are also keen followers.

The crazy fans are all part of the atmosphere - it wouldn't be the same without them...just as long as they don't do anything that affects the outcome!

As for a favourite, I think it is still too early to pick any one out from the crowd. This is where Le Tour really starts, in the mountain stages.
Malc
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2013 9:34AM
Avid watchers so were a bit sad when "Wiggo" pulled out but let's hope Froome can do some good. Poor old Cav is having an interesting time but hopefully his lead-out team will get their act together and lead him to a few more sprint wins

(Our eldest lad and his partner are on their own mini-tour today, left us at about 6 this morning to take part in the Wiggle Wight Sportive today. Thank goodness the weather is not looking too hot on the Wight today Smile )
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2013 9:49AM
I'm off to Eastbourne to celebrate my Father's 80th birthday, which is quite frustrating given todays stage -
I'm hoping there will be a tv somewhere to sneak off and take a peak at.
Re Cav, it looks like his team are coming together in giving him a good lead-in, but still a bit inconsistent.
After watching the Vuelta last year, I can see the spaniards leading Froome on a merry dance through the mountains -
I think it was Wiggo's clinical approach/reaction to attacks that won him the tour last year, and I question whether Froome has this discipline.
Whatever happens, it makes for great racing Smile
collywobles 10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2013 11:20AM
Have already booked my accommodation in Yorkshire for next (2014) years Tour de France.
c40uk 1 82 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2013 3:27PM
yep love it used to race myself a fair few years bk when a first cat rider was as good as it got . froome is going well but alberto likes his special juice so he could be flying , and there both about the same on the TT s never discount evans hes a gutsy rider
cant see past sagan for the green but hope cav pulls it off , hope he gets the final stage too .
c40uk 1 82 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2013 3:34PM
forget evans hes out the back door ,,,Grin
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2013 3:58PM
Go Froome - he blew them apart! Grin
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
6 Jul 2013 4:12PM
Good work by Porte, and well done Froome.

Evans, Cavendish, Cantador...yesterday's men?
Gaucho e2
12 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2013 4:40PM
Froome will win this year. He could have done it last year if he hadn't been supporting Wiggins.

Here's one from when they came past our door a couple of years ago...

-dsc5277-edit.jpg

arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2013 5:57PM
I'd like to think so Gaucho, but he has just won the first of many mountain stages - things will be much more clear in a weeks time - so much can happen Smile
Gaucho e2
12 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2013 7:03PM
He's a class act.
213hardy e2
6 643 England
7 Jul 2013 8:24AM
am looking forward to next year when the opening stages come to Yorkshire, just a few miles from our front doorGrin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.