Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Tour de France

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
arhb
arhb e2 Member 72214 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jul 2013 - 8:40 AM

Well, the peleton heads into the Pyrenees for the first proper mountain stages today,
which is where the main contenders for yellow jersey can make some impact.
Anyone else following this?
Anyone got any favourites?
Talk to me! Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Jul 2013 - 8:40 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84271 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jul 2013 - 8:46 AM

Hubby loves the Tour de France - so we watch it.

It's okay, I can take it or leave it - but one thing that infuriates me are the so-called 'fans'. The prats that run along side (sometimes even giving the competitor a push). When the cyclists get onto the mountains the 'fans' seem to get more and more and closer and closer, there's hardly room for one bike, let alone the numbers there are................as for a competition with overtaking, no chance. I think it would be a lot more enjoyable without those types of 'fans'!!

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72214 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jul 2013 - 9:00 AM

Quote: Hubby loves the Tour de France - so we watch it

Haha Smile

Yeah, I know the 'fans' you're talking about Karen - some of them aren't always so helpful from what I've seen in the past.
It is and has always been a part of the event, and the riders put up with it Smile

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43836 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jul 2013 - 9:29 AM

We both enjoy watching it every year. I know the woolybills (Bill & Moira) are also keen followers.

The crazy fans are all part of the atmosphere - it wouldn't be the same without them...just as long as they don't do anything that affects the outcome!

As for a favourite, I think it is still too early to pick any one out from the crowd. This is where Le Tour really starts, in the mountain stages.
Malc

Last Modified By saltireblue at 6 Jul 2013 - 9:31 AM
brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110235 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jul 2013 - 9:34 AM

Avid watchers so were a bit sad when "Wiggo" pulled out but let's hope Froome can do some good. Poor old Cav is having an interesting time but hopefully his lead-out team will get their act together and lead him to a few more sprint wins

(Our eldest lad and his partner are on their own mini-tour today, left us at about 6 this morning to take part in the Wiggle Wight Sportive today. Thank goodness the weather is not looking too hot on the Wight today Smile )

arhb
6 Jul 2013 - 9:49 AM

I'm off to Eastbourne to celebrate my Father's 80th birthday, which is quite frustrating given todays stage -
I'm hoping there will be a tv somewhere to sneak off and take a peak at.
Re Cav, it looks like his team are coming together in giving him a good lead-in, but still a bit inconsistent.
After watching the Vuelta last year, I can see the spaniards leading Froome on a merry dance through the mountains -
I think it was Wiggo's clinical approach/reaction to attacks that won him the tour last year, and I question whether Froome has this discipline.
Whatever happens, it makes for great racing Smile

collywobles
6 Jul 2013 - 11:20 AM

Have already booked my accommodation in Yorkshire for next (2014) years Tour de France.

c40uk
c40uk e2 Member 182 forum postsc40uk vcard United Kingdom
6 Jul 2013 - 3:27 PM

yep love it used to race myself a fair few years bk when a first cat rider was as good as it got . froome is going well but alberto likes his special juice so he could be flying , and there both about the same on the TT s never discount evans hes a gutsy rider
cant see past sagan for the green but hope cav pulls it off , hope he gets the final stage too .

c40uk
c40uk e2 Member 182 forum postsc40uk vcard United Kingdom
6 Jul 2013 - 3:34 PM

forget evans hes out the back door ,,,Grin

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110235 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jul 2013 - 3:58 PM

Go Froome - he blew them apart! Grin

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43836 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jul 2013 - 4:12 PM

Good work by Porte, and well done Froome.

Evans, Cavendish, Cantador...yesterday's men?

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122230 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jul 2013 - 4:40 PM

Froome will win this year. He could have done it last year if he hadn't been supporting Wiggins.

Here's one from when they came past our door a couple of years ago...

-dsc5277-edit.jpg

arhb
6 Jul 2013 - 5:57 PM

I'd like to think so Gaucho, but he has just won the first of many mountain stages - things will be much more clear in a weeks time - so much can happen Smile

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122230 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jul 2013 - 7:03 PM

He's a class act.

213hardy
213hardy e2 Member 6544 forum posts213hardy vcard England
7 Jul 2013 - 8:24 AM

am looking forward to next year when the opening stages come to Yorkshire, just a few miles from our front doorGrin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.