Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

tour of britain cycle race .

c40uk 1 82 United Kingdom
15 Sep 2013 5:34PM
yep the tour of britain is on this week and maybe passing by your town , go get some practice for when the tour de france hits the uk next summer , heres the link to see if it passes by you ,
http://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/home.php#.UjXhVsasjLQ

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman 10 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
15 Sep 2013 6:29PM
I started my practice for the tour of Britain this weekend, I set a King of the Mountains on Strava on Saturday on one section Smile but lost it this afternoon :-(

As for taking photo's I started my practice today
-mg-2269cricklade-cycle005-crop.jpg

Pacing the Pelaton back up to the breakaway. (need to practice on focus points)

-mg-2257cricklade-cycle003.jpg

Taking the win in style (higher shutter speed or is it OK as it adds motion??)

-mg-2334cricklade-cycle026.jpg

podium celebration in style (Need to clean lens)

-mg-2358cricklade-cycle030.jpg

A member of my club takes the U23 series win

-mg-2382cricklade-cycle034.jpg

On reflection this is taking the shutter speed down too low, but I like the atmosphere as when pushing at the end time does feel like it slows down to me.
-mg-2248cricklade-cycle001.jpg

So a lot of practice required to get to the correct level. I was thinking of cycling over to see some of the stage that ends in Guilford.
arhb e2
7 2.4k 68 United Kingdom
15 Sep 2013 9:11PM
Great to see such a good turn out - Wiggo sounds like he's up for it, so it should be an exciting tour.
mrswoolybill e2
8 481 1072 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2013 2:25PM
Day 2, on top of the Honister Pass. Horizontal rain, with occasional horizontal hail for a bit of variety. Terrific party atmosphere.
The road was closed early, we walked up from Seatoller. Then we all had a laugh at the elegant couple in immaculate Team Sky cycling gear, including helmets, who arrived by taxi. The group who cycled up in animal costumes got a much more enthusiastic reception.
It's the best entertainment that British sport can offer and it's free. We spend 51 weeks of the year looking forward to this. Honestly.

dsc-6263s.jpg

Sean Downey taking the King of the Mountains points ahead of Mike Northey.

dsc-6270s.jpg

Sir Bradley and friends.

dsc-6281s.jpg

The peleton going through. Just to give an idea of the amazing atmosphere at the top of a hill climb.

dsc-6250s.jpg

Local wildlife.
whipspeed e2
10 4.0k 22 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2013 2:42PM
LOL Moira loving the people arriving in full sky gear by taxi. Mind you, the price of the kit, I'm surprised they dare get it wet. But coming in a taxi in full cycling gear is verging on the ridiculous.

I do love that last shot, that's so typical of cycling fans. I had some friends (men) who were at the tour and they all wore yellow cheerleader outfits.
woolybill1 e2
8 18 65 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2013 3:04PM
Here's my two penn'orth from the Honister Pass to complement Moira's. The first illustrates the weather conditions and was taken from the verandah of the Slate Mine café:

-dsc4219.jpg

Several times I looked in the general direction from which the race was coming and remarked that the sky was clearing. Cue a shower heavier and colder than the last one. Eventually I found myself a place to stand right beside the KoM finish. That's when the horizontal hail began. Within seconds my improvised camera protection was letting in more water than the Costa Concordia, my face was stinging and my fingers frozen. Being generally a bit of a wuss I retreated to the warmth of the café and put the kit away. The decision to get outside again was taken on the spur of the moment; the rest was done with a standard 16-85mm zoom and the camera pretty much operating itself BlushBlushBlushBlushBlush

-dsc4223.jpg

First two over the top.

-dsc4226.jpg

Ditto.

-dsc4246.jpg

"Oh woe is me, for I am undone"

1--dsc4251.jpg

All Better!

-dsc4270.jpg

Through a soggy lens.

-dsc4273.jpg

Steaming along.
woolybill1 e2
8 18 65 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2013 3:20PM
Apologies for posting 'All Better!' twice. My laptop keyboard is clearly much more sensitive than I am.
saltireblue e2
4 4.1k 26 Norway
17 Sep 2013 3:28PM

Quote:Apologies for posting 'All Better!' twice.

Oh no you didn'tWink
Hope you both dried out now.
Warm slippers and a hot toddy...Smile

Malc
woolybill1 e2
8 18 65 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2013 3:44PM
Well thank 'ee, zurr - or words to that effect Grin

B
17 Sep 2013 6:45PM
top work great photos great event , all free to watch yea cant go wrong !
tanglefoot 10 951 England
21 Sep 2013 9:24PM
I waited 40 mins, they had passed in 25 seconds, you have to be quick
21 Sep 2013 9:53PM
yep if yea on the flat or a down hill there gone in a flash , but the following cars make for some good shots wait for la tour .

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.