Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

tour of britain cycle race .

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    c40uk
    c40uk e2 Member 182 forum postsc40uk vcard United Kingdom
    15 Sep 2013 - 5:34 PM

yep the tour of britain is on this week and maybe passing by your town , go get some practice for when the tour de france hits the uk next summer , heres the link to see if it passes by you ,
    http://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/home.php#.UjXhVsasjLQ

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Sep 2013 - 5:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman
    strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Sep 2013 - 6:29 PM

I started my practice for the tour of Britain this weekend, I set a King of the Mountains on Strava on Saturday on one section Smile but lost it this afternoon :-(

As for taking photo's I started my practice today
    -mg-2269cricklade-cycle005-crop.jpg
    Pacing the Pelaton back up to the breakaway. (need to practice on focus points)

-mg-2257cricklade-cycle003.jpg
    Taking the win in style (higher shutter speed or is it OK as it adds motion??)

-mg-2334cricklade-cycle026.jpg
    podium celebration in style (Need to clean lens)

-mg-2358cricklade-cycle030.jpg
    A member of my club takes the U23 series win

-mg-2382cricklade-cycle034.jpg

On reflection this is taking the shutter speed down too low, but I like the atmosphere as when pushing at the end time does feel like it slows down to me.
    -mg-2248cricklade-cycle001.jpg

So a lot of practice required to get to the correct level. I was thinking of cycling over to see some of the stage that ends in Guilford.

Last Modified By strawman at 15 Sep 2013 - 6:32 PM
    arhb
    arhb e2 Member 72273 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Sep 2013 - 9:11 PM

Great to see such a good turn out - Wiggo sounds like he's up for it, so it should be an exciting tour.

mrswoolybill
    mrswoolybill Critique Team 7435 forum postsmrswoolybill vcard United Kingdom1022 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Sep 2013 - 2:25 PM

Day 2, on top of the Honister Pass. Horizontal rain, with occasional horizontal hail for a bit of variety. Terrific party atmosphere.
    The road was closed early, we walked up from Seatoller. Then we all had a laugh at the elegant couple in immaculate Team Sky cycling gear, including helmets, who arrived by taxi. The group who cycled up in animal costumes got a much more enthusiastic reception.
    It's the best entertainment that British sport can offer and it's free. We spend 51 weeks of the year looking forward to this. Honestly.

dsc-6263s.jpg

Sean Downey taking the King of the Mountains points ahead of Mike Northey.

dsc-6270s.jpg

Sir Bradley and friends.

dsc-6281s.jpg

The peleton going through. Just to give an idea of the amazing atmosphere at the top of a hill climb.

dsc-6250s.jpg

Local wildlife.

whipspeed
    whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Sep 2013 - 2:42 PM

LOL Moira loving the people arriving in full sky gear by taxi. Mind you, the price of the kit, I'm surprised they dare get it wet. But coming in a taxi in full cycling gear is verging on the ridiculous.

I do love that last shot, that's so typical of cycling fans. I had some friends (men) who were at the tour and they all wore yellow cheerleader outfits.

woolybill1
    woolybill1 e2 Member 7woolybill1 vcard United Kingdom65 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Sep 2013 - 3:04 PM

Here's my two penn'orth from the Honister Pass to complement Moira's. The first illustrates the weather conditions and was taken from the verandah of the Slate Mine café:

-dsc4219.jpg

Several times I looked in the general direction from which the race was coming and remarked that the sky was clearing. Cue a shower heavier and colder than the last one. Eventually I found myself a place to stand right beside the KoM finish. That's when the horizontal hail began. Within seconds my improvised camera protection was letting in more water than the Costa Concordia, my face was stinging and my fingers frozen. Being generally a bit of a wuss I retreated to the warmth of the café and put the kit away. The decision to get outside again was taken on the spur of the moment; the rest was done with a standard 16-85mm zoom and the camera pretty much operating itself BlushBlushBlushBlushBlush

-dsc4223.jpg

First two over the top.

-dsc4226.jpg

Ditto.

-dsc4246.jpg

"Oh woe is me, for I am undone"

1--dsc4251.jpg

All Better!

-dsc4270.jpg

Through a soggy lens.

-dsc4273.jpg

Steaming along.

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 17 Sep 2013 - 3:27 PM
    woolybill1
    woolybill1 e2 Member 7woolybill1 vcard United Kingdom65 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Sep 2013 - 3:20 PM

Apologies for posting 'All Better!' twice. My laptop keyboard is clearly much more sensitive than I am.

saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 43917 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Sep 2013 - 3:28 PM

Quote: Apologies for posting 'All Better!' twice.

Oh no you didn'tWink
    Hope you both dried out now.
    Warm slippers and a hot toddy...Smile

Malc

woolybill1
    17 Sep 2013 - 3:44 PM

Well thank 'ee, zurr - or words to that effect Grin

B

c40uk
    17 Sep 2013 - 6:45 PM

top work great photos great event , all free to watch yea cant go wrong !

tanglefoot
    tanglefoot  10949 forum posts England
    21 Sep 2013 - 9:24 PM

I waited 40 mins, they had passed in 25 seconds, you have to be quick

c40uk
    21 Sep 2013 - 9:53 PM

yep if yea on the flat or a down hill there gone in a flash , but the following cars make for some good shots wait for la tour .

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.