Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Tracking you abroad

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Britman
Britman  81669 forum posts England
8 Feb 2009 - 9:34 PM

So this police state Government wants to keep tabs on your travels.
They claim it's to help prevent crime and terrorists, any criminal or terrorist worth their salt will bypass this with ease, so why have it!

It's Bollocks!

It's more to watch you and I, as we are the number one biggest threat to their control.

When is is this going to stop? ohhh yeah it's too late. The tip toe into totalitarianism has become a stride.

[link=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7877182.stm]linky[\link]

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Feb 2009 - 9:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Stuart463
Stuart463 e2 Member 7563 forum postsStuart463 vcard United Kingdom
8 Feb 2009 - 9:53 PM

Link

Geoffphoto
8 Feb 2009 - 9:58 PM

Well if the Government has nothing better to do that log my two weeks in Brittany every year, then good luck to them !! Somehow I will have great satisfaction just jamming up their systems ! Smile

Slippery_Jim
8 Feb 2009 - 10:04 PM

Well, with a government like ours, who needs "terrorists" to threaten our freedom and liberty ?

What's the old saying ? "It is the patriotic duty of every citizen to defend their country from it's government." Or something like that.

saxon_image
8 Feb 2009 - 10:05 PM

They already do! My son was pulled in by immigration in 2007 when returning from a round Europe trip - they were suspicious because he had departed from Newcastle (on a ferry to Stavanger) but had returned to Portsmouth from France! And as for the info I had to furnish to get on a plane from Canada back to UK . . . As the Canadian check-in guy said - "the British like to know who's coming." I've also been checked on the database when flying to Ireland - simply seeing a German surname on a British passport seems to get some jumped up little jobsworths going.

Welcome to Stasi Britain folks. And don't expect the blue party to be any better either.

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102293 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
9 Feb 2009 - 9:50 AM

Quote: Welcome to Stasi Britain folks. And don't expect the blue party to be any better either.

Absolutely! The real danger about these measures is that once introduced, they and others like them, will be difficult or impossible to repeal.

Garth

john64
john64 e2 Member 10824 forum postsjohn64 vcard England
9 Feb 2009 - 1:13 PM

The worrying thing as far as I'm concerned is that it says they'll hold credit card details on their database. How long before some numpty leaves a laptop or cd on a train with all the information on it ?

webjam
webjam  10292 forum posts Netherlands11 Constructive Critique Points
9 Feb 2009 - 4:18 PM

When we enter the UK by boat, our passports are always scanned... Also when we leave. THink they really want to make sure we left your country. No idea why. It is not like I ever misbehaved... Smile
I can cross borders to Belgium and Germany without any passport checks.
If they continue this in te UK, the terrorists will come to the Netherlands and the mainland... You should feel a lot safer then!

Jacqueline

Bellie
Bellie  7507 forum posts
9 Feb 2009 - 4:38 PM

Can't say I'm that bothered. I have had to fill in forms whatever far off destination I have visited. Somehow... if someone knows what Chicken I buy from Tesco or when I went to NZ so be it.

What's the worst that could happen... a police officer knocks on my door and tells me he knows I went to Auckland a few years ago... could he see some snaps cos he's thinking of going.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
9 Feb 2009 - 4:43 PM

But what if they see you went to a lapdancing club? Wink

Bellie
Bellie  7507 forum posts
9 Feb 2009 - 4:47 PM

Like I told the officer, I just needed the gents and it was the only place open. Wink

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102293 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
9 Feb 2009 - 5:01 PM

Quote: But what if they see you went to a lapdancing club? Wink

Quote: Like I told the officer, I just needed the gents and it was the only place open. Wink

LoL. But that's the point..would they believe you?

Garth

User_Removed
9 Feb 2009 - 5:46 PM

...you don't have to go abroad to be tracked it seems!

Quote: In the UK, the Home Office announced it plans to provide law enforcement, local councils and other public agencies access to the details of text messages, emails and internet browsing. This follows close on the heels of an announcement last May that New Labour was considering building a massive centralized database "as a tool to help the security services tackle crime and terrorism." According to The Guardian,

Local councils, health authorities and hundreds of other public bodies are to be given the power to access details of everyone's personal text, emails and internet use under Home Office proposals published yesterday.

Ministers want to make it mandatory for telephone and internet companies to keep details of all personal internet traffic for at least 12 months so it can be accessed for investigations into crime or other threats to public safety. ...

Conservatives and Liberal Democrats last night branded the measure a "snooper's charter". (Alan Travis, "'Snooper's charter' to check texts and email," The Guardian, Wednesday, August 13, 2008)

...copied from New Spy Software Coming On-Line: "Surveillance in a Box" Makes its Debut

whippetrider
9 Feb 2009 - 9:19 PM

What will be the next step, a call from the environment police to say you have used up your allowance and can't go on holiday? I'm not sure what will be achieved by this. The 9/11 terrorists were legal in the US as were the 7/7 terrorist in the OK. Most of Europe have limited land border controls and the airports are mostly quick checks.

What is the point of living in a facist police state if the trains still don't run on time?

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
9 Feb 2009 - 9:48 PM

I still don't see why credit-card information needs to be logged. Any person not on legitimate business would probably have an array of stolen or cloned cards at his disposal - probably complete stolen identities, too. Only the most stupid criminals or terrorists are likely to be caught out by this.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.