Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Trade Cameras online store

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

pcollingwood
7 Mar 2009 - 7:09 PM

I'm looking to buy a new Canon EF-S 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 IS Lens. I have seen one on the Trade Cameras site for 405 at least 50 cheaper than any other site. Has anyone bought good from Trade Cameras?

Thanks

Pat

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Mar 2009 - 7:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

stuart_murray
7 Mar 2009 - 10:06 PM

ebay

Snapper
Snapper  93750 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
7 Mar 2009 - 10:13 PM

I don't know anything about Trade Cameras, but I do know that Camera World are a genuine company who also have shops you can walk into. Oh, and apparently Best High Street Retailer & Best Online Retailer in What Digital Camera 3 years running (according to their ad in AP). Oh (2), and apparently cheaper as well! Smile

Last Modified By Snapper at 7 Mar 2009 - 10:13 PM
cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
7 Mar 2009 - 10:46 PM

Quote: Ebay

LOL.....Yeah ! Right Fleabay........If you want to pay more than retail, And thats just the used items...... Wink

As for what cheap and what is not, As Snapper has said, When buying anything especially expensive camera gear, You would be wise to deal with a reputable and known company, In the event of any after sales problems, You really do not want a load of hassle, Only to find out you have bought a grey import.....Or worse...!

Last Modified By cameracat at 7 Mar 2009 - 10:47 PM
Metalhead
Metalhead  61876 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Mar 2009 - 11:17 PM

I can second Camera World. I bought my Sigma 17-70 from them and they happily replaced it when I found it to have a problem. Fast delivery, great price, and great after sales, and as Snapper points out, they do have a few shops down south too.

pcollingwood
8 Mar 2009 - 1:51 AM

Thanks, I will take a look Camera World

pcollingwood
9 Mar 2009 - 6:42 PM

Lens ordered from Camera World less than 400 with postage, in stock, should arrive tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice. Pat

Last Modified By pcollingwood at 9 Mar 2009 - 6:43 PM
pcollingwood
11 Mar 2009 - 11:50 PM

Lens arrived today, price on Camera World tonight is 519 + pp
for once I bought at the right time.

jepephotozine
23 Mar 2009 - 1:25 PM

I strongly recommend any potential buyer to stay well away from tradecamerasonline.
I ordered a Sony camcorder from them 16 days ago. They had clearly mentioned that the item was in stock. Only after I paid for the item, they sent me a message that the delivery may take 5 to 7 working days. Now 16 days have gone, I have neither received the camcorder nor any satisfactory reply from them.
They are NOT TRUSTWORTHY.

thewilliam
23 Mar 2009 - 9:06 PM

You didn't pay for the camcorder with Western Union did you?

old timer
old timer  1055 forum posts Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2009 - 9:31 AM

I ordered a Canon 50D from Trade Cameras Online, but although the camera had been advertised as in stock, I still hadn't received it after TEN DAYS. I contacted them and they gave me waffle about how they were having problems with their banking system. I contacted my credit card company and it transpired that my card had been debited at the time I placed the order. I have now cancelled the order and instructed my credit card company to reclaim the money they have paid out on the basis that the order has not been fulfilled. I have reordered the 50D from Warehouse Express at a cost of 50 more, but have already received notice that it has been dispatched - less than 24 hrs after I placed the order. My advice to all is ...

AVOID TRADE CAMERAS ONLINE LIKE THE PLAGUE

Last Modified By old timer at 9 May 2009 - 9:36 AM
aahaahaah
aahaahaah  5
4 Jun 2009 - 9:18 AM

Avoid Trade Cameras!! I bought 2 nikon dslr 80 from them and returned 1 back because my friend did not like it. They've got back the camera but did not refund me the money. The last thing I know was they have closed the website permanently and my email was returned back!! Has anyone had the same problem with Trade Cameras???

Henchard
Henchard  92744 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jun 2009 - 9:25 AM

Quote: Avoid Trade Cameras!! I bought 2 nikon dslr 80 from them and returned 1 back because my friend did not like it. They've got back the camera but did not refund me the money. The last thing I know was they have closed the website permanently and my email was returned back!! Has anyone had the same problem with Trade Cameras???

According to another web site (i.e. not verified by me) they are now in voluntary liquidation

Findlayjames Chartered Accountants are liquidating the company. You can contact them with queries:

Saxon House, Saxon Way, Cheltenham, GL52 6QX
Tel: 01242 576555
www.findlayjames.co.uk

A meeting of creditors will be held

16 June 2009 at 11:30 at Birmingham Chamber of commerce, 75 Harbourne Road, Birmingham, B15 3DH

aahaahaah
aahaahaah  5
12 Jun 2009 - 8:12 AM

Great!! Thanx for the info! Really appreciate it.

Quote: Quote:Avoid Trade Cameras!! I bought 2 nikon dslr 80 from them and returned 1 back because my friend did not like it. They've got back the camera but did not refund me the money. The last thing I know was they have closed the website permanently and my email was returned back!! Has anyone had the same problem with Trade Cameras???According to another web site (i.e. not verified by me) they are now in voluntary liquidation

Findlayjames Chartered Accountants are liquidating the company. You can contact them with queries:

Saxon House, Saxon Way, Cheltenham, GL52 6QX
Tel: 01242 576555
www.findlayjames.co.uk

A meeting of creditors will be held

16 June 2009 at 11:30 at Birmingham Chamber of commerce, 75 Harbourne Road, Birmingham, B15 3DH

FeatherFriend
FeatherFriend e2 Member 625 forum postsFeatherFriend vcard England217 Constructive Critique Points
5 Aug 2009 - 12:15 PM

Think I got lucky, I ordered a battery grip for my Nikon D300 as it was much cheaper than anywhere else. I was told it was in stock and it wasn't but received the item within 10 days, seems these probs have arisen since then.
Geoff.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.