Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Trade Stand Photography

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    TNP
    TNP  641 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Jan 2013 - 12:07 PM

I've been commisioned to cover a large conference. We have agreed a price for the awards ceremony/gala grip and grin etc which is all good and been done many times.

But I also have the opportunity to offer a service to the trade stands. This will work by the organisers linking an order form of my design on all the correspondance that they send out.

My question is I have absolutely no feel for where to start with pricing. Whilst I dont want to price myself out I also dont want to give it away!! The companies will be of decent size (not one man bands) up to global.

If anyone has any experience/thoughts on pricing and what to offer I'd be happy to hear from you. Either here or mail me direct timnorthphoto@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks for getting to the end.

Tim

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Jan 2013 - 12:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014814 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Jan 2013 - 12:31 PM

what is "a service"?

price follows you defining that

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014814 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Jan 2013 - 1:24 PM

as in - have a few offerings at different price points.

Think about what they may want - do they need just 1 shot for their newsletter, or loads of shots? Do they want team shots of them at their stand, or candid shots of them talking to customers?

Package it up like that maybe?

TNP
    7 Jan 2013 - 1:34 PM

Thanks for reply.

At the moment I'm just thinking of offering stand holders straight shot of stand either empty or busy with customers. There may be other options but i'm still to think of them. As I said earlier done exclusively awards dinner / gala shoots in past so this side totally new territory but looking to make the most of it if i can.

Tim

TNP
    7 Jan 2013 - 1:42 PM

To keep it simple on the initial order form, as a starting point, I would assume basic shot of stand would be for inhouse publications and their website. And would cost that on the order form. Probably unlimited licence for one year for basic stand image.

Along with that something along the lines of extra images of visiting dignatories, specific requests etc etc can be negotiated.

My main issue is no feeling what going rate is to start initial form.

Hope thats making sense!

ade_mcfade
    7 Jan 2013 - 9:55 PM

makes perfect sense... and pricing is still a total mystery to everyone I think lol

I reckon I'm worth a few grand a day... put that in a quote, and see if anyone takes it lol

now Rankin can charge 10K/day.....

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.