Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

tripod and kit bag

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Mike_Smith
    Mike_Smith e2 Member 7116 forum postsMike_Smith vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Nov 2010 - 3:10 PM

can anyone recomend a tripod for my canon slr and sigma 120 - 400 os hsm lens which is quite heavy. Also a camera bag that will carry this camera and 3 lens and usual bits and pieces, im finding most bags are too small for such a big lens.
    thankyou

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Nov 2010 - 3:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JohnParminter

Manfrotto 190 Xpro B and RC485 pan and tilt head + Lowepro Rover II all weather camera rucsac with space for jacket and butties.

John

jken
    jken  81672 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Nov 2010 - 5:11 PM

John's advice is good, you could also look for a Monfrotto 055ProB and an 808RC4 head, weighty but very sturdy, supports my 80-200 2.8 very securely.

lawbert
    lawbert  71684 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Nov 2010 - 5:27 PM

I use a Manfrotto 055 ProB as well to support my Sigma 120-300f2.8 but I use a 322rc2 trigger grip ball head opposed to the other heads metioned here.

As for a Bag I use the Lowero Vertex 100 AW which comfortably accomodates lens and camera made up plus a couple of other lenses and a couple of flashes as well as all the other bits and pieces...Its very comfortable to carry and you can strap the tripod on the back as well.

In all honesty though your probably best get some ideas from here and find a Camera Shop that stocks your shortlist so you can take your kit along and see what works best for you.

JohnParminter

I got my head wrong, I use an 804 RC2 standard pan and tilt which is very sturdy and a pleasure to use if a little heavy.

..got the tripod right though.....

Grin

WilliamRoar
    2 Nov 2010 - 6:48 PM

The Tamrac Expedition Series - 5 Upwards?

Mike_Smith
    Mike_Smith e2 Member 7116 forum postsMike_Smith vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Nov 2010 - 5:27 PM

Thanks for all your replies i will now view these ideas in my local camera shop

Regards

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.