Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

tripods

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    stokesy
    stokesy  3 Scotland
    7 Dec 2012 - 4:34 PM

can anyone reccommend a hardy tripod decent height and at a reasonable price or where to look and oblige, ronnie, (stokesy)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Dec 2012 - 4:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

stokesy
    stokesy  3 Scotland
    7 Dec 2012 - 4:35 PM

keenest prices you can muster

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53469 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Dec 2012 - 5:37 PM

I got a Giotto's MTL9351 B Tripod a few years back - solid, removable centre column. I got mine with a ball head as i don't like all the sticking out bits on a pan an tilt style head.

It seemed to be a fraction taller than the manfrotto - it was around the 100 mark.

I strap it on the backback and go walking - its get wet, muddy and sprayed with salt still seems fine.

colin beeley
    colin beeley e2 Member 111064 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Dec 2012 - 6:21 PM

i just got my self one of these Giottos MTL8350B Tripod, i liked the size & would like it to take on holiday. see here

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96097 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Dec 2012 - 7:46 PM

Quote: as i don't like all the sticking out bits on a pan an tilt style head.

I think you would like the Arca Swiss D4m Wink

colin beeley
    colin beeley e2 Member 111064 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Dec 2012 - 8:10 PM

ha ha they cost more than a bloody tripod ! could of gave a link , see here

UKMike2013
    7 Dec 2012 - 9:02 PM

You don't mention the equipment you use or how often you intend to use it or under what conditions .....

One of the cheapest ways to get a big-name tripod is the Manfrotto MKC3-H01 Compact Tripod. Up to 1500mm high when extended and fitted with a trigger style ball head for 39.00 from Wex Photographic.

mikehit
    mikehit e2 Member 45758 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Dec 2012 - 10:11 PM

This month's DSLR Photography has a group test and the top two were Giottos MTL9261B and Manfrotto 190XProB - both a smidge under 100.
    And for ballheads there are Slik SBH280E (75) and Velbon QHD53D at 60.

Or get thyself down to Jessops and manhandle a few.

puertouk
    puertouk  21010 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Dec 2012 - 10:29 PM

Manfrotto are good

RobboB
    RobboB e2 Member 764 forum postsRobboB vcard United Kingdom
    7 Dec 2012 - 10:48 PM

3 Legged Thing are great. A little more pricey than those mentioned above but built to last forever and made in England.

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 63723 forum postsNick_w vcard England98 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Dec 2012 - 10:54 PM

I've used the Manfrotto 055 for 6 years, not cleaned it, been immersed more times than I care to remember in the sea, yes I had to free one screw earlier this year, and I'm not the most careful user of my tripod.

But be careful going for too cheap a brand, ensure they are sturdy, keep away from the lightweight aluminium all in ones.

stokesy
    stokesy  3 Scotland
    8 Dec 2012 - 9:22 AM

thanks to everyone so far, I use a canon 50d sometimes with a 150-500mm sigma, its the height I need as in some situations for wildlife and sturdy up north in the wind

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.