Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Trolley for carrying a your rucksack

Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
29 Jan 2012 12:08PM
I brought up details of this item just now in another thread but thought it worth bringing up in a thread of its own. If you suffer from a bad back or spine and are finding your rucksack too heavy to carry around all day as I do, take a look at this cheap solution I found at Argos.

Trust me when I say it works a treat and it don't half save the your back when out on an all day shoot. What's more if you're anything like me and don't like leaving anything behind, it's rated to carry 35kg's which I'd have thought is more than enough for most peoples needs.

As I said in a recent thread I think this could well be the next big photographic accessory.....See what you think?

Camping Trolley

Ade

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry
12 9.2k 92
29 Jan 2012 12:55PM
I think that with wheels like that it will be fine on solid ground!

However, I foresee trouble on mud, sand and snow Grin

Wonder if you can change for wider wheels to spread load a little and ensure that it runs over surface. Remember this is designed really for running across airport reception areas and the like, not necessarily for conditions encountered by landscape or wildlife photographers.

Not saying it is a bad idea, just that it may not work in all circumstances and thinking about those specific problems in advance may save you being stranded on some mud flat somewhere Wink
brian1208 e2
11 10.4k 12 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2012 1:04PM
I still have my fishing trolley and box in the garage Ade and often wonder about digging it out for this use but find I have gone the other way and 90% of the time just take one lens / body in a shoulder bag (with a stack of batteries and cards)

If I were to go "Full Kit" though I think its a great idea
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
29 Jan 2012 1:10PM
I still got my fishing trolley option with the wide rubber tyres for rough ground like that Cheryl, which you must remember seeing?.....The reason I bought this one though is for trips to Slimbridge and such like, where it works a treat.....Plus it had the added bonus of being able to fold flat for storage in the car and under the stairs at home when it's not in use.

Ade
csurry
12 9.2k 92
29 Jan 2012 1:29PM
Fair enough Ade, just did not want someone to take 25Kgs of kit out somewhere and then find themselves stranded and having to carry the stuff back to their car!

There's a reason golf trolleys have such wide wheels Wink And golfers don't even play when conditions are that soft underfoot Grin
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
29 Jan 2012 1:35PM
Don't tell me you're a golfer as well mate, because if you are you'll will definitely go down my popularity list, to the bottom in fact Tongue

Ade
Mynett e2
6 137 6 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2012 2:02PM
I wrote about this ages ago, I really struggle with my rucksack when it is fully loaded, and have looked at pushchairs, and other items like shopping tolley things, but feel there is a business out there for someone to design just the right thing..... go guys.Smile

Linda
NeilS e2
7 903 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2012 2:15PM
i use a golf trolley which has 3 wide wheels, and folds very small to go in the boot of the car, and because it has 3 wheels you don't need to support any weight, won't go up any stairs though
brian1208 e2
29 Jan 2012 2:19PM
Hey Ade, there seem to be a few of us suffering, do you think we should start an "Decrepit Togs" group? Grin
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
29 Jan 2012 2:50PM
"Decrepit, crippled, forgetful and generally past their sell by date Togs group". Has a certain ring about......

What aims shall we have:- To see who finds their-selves in the most awkward shooting position without putting their back out.

Who goes out the most times on a shoot without forgetting something:- With me, it's usually remembering to put a Flash card in the camera!

Any other ideas???

Ade
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
29 Jan 2012 3:52PM
That`s a fishing trolley Ade.

There just trying to target campers as well Smile

But if you feel you must have a trolley, make sure it has pneumatic air filled tyres, there a whole lot less punishing to drag around.

I gave up on camera bags years are, my latest bag is a VERSIPACK, they don`t hold a great deal of kit but the Fatboy I got will hold a CSC + kit lens, lensbaby, compact and other bits and bobs, the larger Jumbo will hold more, a small dslr in place of a CSC in its main compartment.

The best bit about it is its shape and design, its designed for comfort Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So5iQoQQswg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cTGmyk4YKY

http://www.ebags.com/product/maxpedition/fatboy-versipack/103179##
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
29 Jan 2012 4:04PM
Forgot to add, if its got to the point of needing a truck to to transport your gear for health problems, then maybe the time has come to downgrade the type and size of your kit.
brian1208 e2
29 Jan 2012 4:14PM

Quote:"Decrepit, crippled, forgetful and generally past their sell by date Togs group". Has a certain ring about......

What aims shall we have:- To see who finds their-selves in the most awkward shooting position without putting their back out.

Who goes out the most times on a shoot without forgetting something:- With me, it's usually remembering to put a Flash card in the camera!

Any other ideas???

Ade

Best alternative use for a Monopod, the number of times I've been back to the same location (thinking it was somewhere new - I'd win that one hands down Grin )

Oh yes, I can see there is a lot of potential for us to gain new member on a regular basis
KevSB 10 1.4k 5 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2012 4:17PM
Not sure if its suitable for the type of photography you do but when im at event which means I am carrying all I need over the day I use a lowepro street and field system which spreads the weight around and the harness system makes it very balanced, sinse changing to it last year its made me carrying so much easier and hardly notice its on now, added benefit from before is I had to take pack off sometimes to take pictures leave it close to public areas where it could go walkies.
Now I can move and take pictures without my equipment getting in the way and secured but this works for me in this situation and may not be good for other types of photgraphy.

Fit parts to your own requirements
brian1208 e2
29 Jan 2012 4:19PM
on the best way to carry your kit, I've just remembered one of my buddies at the camera club who borrowed his mothers top of the range invalid buggy to shoot the Bournemouth Air Festival from. He worked out he could carry all his kit and get a privileged location to shoot from.
It all worked well until he forgot himself in the excitement and stood up in the buggy to get a better shot of the Vulcan as it flew by.
(always quite fancied something like that myself but more in the style of the old wicker bath chair with the buxom blond nurse to push me around Tongue )

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.