Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Trusted Camera Websites

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
SL
SL  6
15 Jan 2010 - 7:57 PM

want to buy my next DSLR on-line. Before I spend £800 and supply my card details, I'm concerned about trusted sites that will deliver the product without worry.

Any feedback on who is best. thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Jan 2010 - 7:57 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikeyc71
mikeyc71  101243 forum posts
15 Jan 2010 - 7:59 PM

Warehouse Express - www.warehouseexpress.com

I have bought from these before and they are very good and I have had no problems with them before. Bought my 20D from them 5 years ago and delivered in 3 days.

arhb
arhb e2 Member 62052 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2010 - 9:05 PM

Warehouse Express

Martin54
Martin54 e2 Member 8490 forum postsMartin54 vcard United Kingdom
15 Jan 2010 - 9:05 PM

Another vote for Warehouse Express, but you could also look at
Park Cameras and Robert White
Martin

thewilliam
15 Jan 2010 - 9:08 PM

Why must it be on-line. Reputable dealers like Grays for Nikon, Calumet, Mifsuds etc will accept orders by phone.

cameracat
cameracat  108575 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2010 - 9:09 PM

Warehouse Express, I Have bought thousands of pounds worth of cameras & photographic gear from them over the last 10 + years.

Never had any problems what so ever.

They also have first class after sales service.....!!!

Last Modified By cameracat at 15 Jan 2010 - 9:10 PM
Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2010 - 9:17 PM

Which camera are you looking at?
We might even be able to suggest you where to get it cheaper...Smile

BigRick
BigRick  82085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2010 - 9:43 PM

I would say warehouse express too,,, although Jessops is very nearly as cheap for DSLR bodies,, the lenses and other stuff are too dear,, but the bodies are ok.

Comley Cameras will mail things to you,, i bought my camera from them a week ago, and they were really good. Only £3 more than WE too, depends were you live as to wether you can call in there though.

bigalguitarpicker

Don't forget to check Amazon

rowarrior
rowarrior  64350 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2010 - 11:24 PM

Or check camerapricebuster some of the shops have discounts if you order online but can pick up in store.

LensYews
LensYews  51300 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2010 - 11:38 PM

Quote: Don't forget to check Amazon

But if you go for Amazon, watch you are buying from the main site and not the marketplace. If you use the Marketplace its worth checking the seller a little more carefully, Amazon do manage who sells there, but rouge traders have got through before.

Toonman
Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2010 - 7:00 AM

I have had excellent service from Cameraworld. They advertise in most photo mags.

colin beeley
colin beeley e2 Member 111064 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2010 - 9:15 AM

if you use ebay and have a paypal account you don't have to give any card details, so look to see if any of the shops take it. warehouse express say they will be soon.

collywobles
16 Jan 2010 - 9:20 AM

Quote: If you use ebay and have a paypal account you don't have to give any card details, so look to see if any of the shops take it. warehouse express say they will be soon

You must be aware though that Paypal is classed by the Credit Card Companies as a Third Party Transaction and is therefore not covered by the Credit Card Rules about claiming if the sale goes T*T% up.

I agree with statements above I have used WHE many many times and they come up trumps evey time. Use WHE with utmost confidence - even if you have to pay a few quid more than some other dealers.

Last Modified By collywobles at 16 Jan 2010 - 9:24 AM
pulsar69
pulsar69  91611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2010 - 11:49 PM

On the subject of Warehouse Express , I purchased a lens from them , and within 3 months it started having issues , whe refused any responsibility and blamed the manafacturer whom they sent it back too , refused me a replacement , got the same lens back 6 WEEKS later , and it was no different hadnt been fixed , again whe refused to be of any further help , would not buy anything from them ever again , and their prices are poor , can buy from plenty of local retailers for the same and get better service ..

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.