Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Trusted Camera Websites

SL e2
6 4
15 Jan 2010 7:57PM
want to buy my next DSLR on-line. Before I spend 800 and supply my card details, I'm concerned about trusted sites that will deliver the product without worry.

Any feedback on who is best. thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikeyc71 e2
11 1.2k
15 Jan 2010 7:59PM
Warehouse Express - www.warehouseexpress.com

I have bought from these before and they are very good and I have had no problems with them before. Bought my 20D from them 5 years ago and delivered in 3 days.
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2010 9:05PM
Warehouse Express
Martin54 e2
8 509 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2010 9:05PM
Another vote for Warehouse Express, but you could also look at
Park Cameras and Robert White
Martin
thewilliam e2
6 4.9k
15 Jan 2010 9:08PM
Why must it be on-line. Reputable dealers like Grays for Nikon, Calumet, Mifsuds etc will accept orders by phone.
cameracat e2
11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
15 Jan 2010 9:09PM
Warehouse Express, I Have bought thousands of pounds worth of cameras & photographic gear from them over the last 10 + years.

Never had any problems what so ever.

They also have first class after sales service.....!!!
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
15 Jan 2010 9:17PM
Which camera are you looking at?
We might even be able to suggest you where to get it cheaper...Smile
BigRick e2
9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2010 9:43PM
I would say warehouse express too,,, although Jessops is very nearly as cheap for DSLR bodies,, the lenses and other stuff are too dear,, but the bodies are ok.

Comley Cameras will mail things to you,, i bought my camera from them a week ago, and they were really good. Only 3 more than WE too, depends were you live as to wether you can call in there though.
15 Jan 2010 10:44PM
Don't forget to check Amazon
rowarrior e2
7 4.4k 9 Scotland
15 Jan 2010 11:24PM
Or check camerapricebuster some of the shops have discounts if you order online but can pick up in store.
LensYews e2
6 1.3k 1 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2010 11:38PM

Quote:Don't forget to check Amazon

But if you go for Amazon, watch you are buying from the main site and not the marketplace. If you use the Marketplace its worth checking the seller a little more carefully, Amazon do manage who sells there, but rouge traders have got through before.
Toonman e2
7 1.4k 2 England
16 Jan 2010 7:00AM
I have had excellent service from Cameraworld. They advertise in most photo mags.
colin beeley e2
12 1.1k 10 England
16 Jan 2010 9:15AM
if you use ebay and have a paypal account you don't have to give any card details, so look to see if any of the shops take it. warehouse express say they will be soon.
collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
16 Jan 2010 9:20AM

Quote:If you use ebay and have a paypal account you don't have to give any card details, so look to see if any of the shops take it. warehouse express say they will be soon

You must be aware though that Paypal is classed by the Credit Card Companies as a Third Party Transaction and is therefore not covered by the Credit Card Rules about claiming if the sale goes T*T% up.

I agree with statements above I have used WHE many many times and they come up trumps evey time. Use WHE with utmost confidence - even if you have to pay a few quid more than some other dealers.
pulsar69 10 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
16 Jan 2010 11:49PM
On the subject of Warehouse Express , I purchased a lens from them , and within 3 months it started having issues , whe refused any responsibility and blamed the manafacturer whom they sent it back too , refused me a replacement , got the same lens back 6 WEEKS later , and it was no different hadnt been fixed , again whe refused to be of any further help , would not buy anything from them ever again , and their prices are poor , can buy from plenty of local retailers for the same and get better service ..

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.