Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Two Brilliant Photo Exhibitions

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 64365 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Nov 2012 - 1:51 PM

Thanks to the tip-off from Stuart (JackAllTog) I paid a visit to Somerset House, London, today to see the "Cartier Bresson - A Question of Colour" exhibition. It's Free and it's just fabulous. A fantastic selection of candid/street photographs by various photographers, so overwhelmingly brilliant they make you want to give up and cry. Good job I left my credit card at home, but I will buy the accompanying book once the price comes down a bit. One titbit of information I gleaned from the blurb was that Bresson never actually liked the phrase "decisive moment" (which he didn't coin by the way). He preferred to describe them as "images on the fly", and I agree. So much more appropriate. http://www.somersethouse.org.uk/visual-arts/henri-cartier-bresson-a-question-of-...

The other exhibition, which Stuart and all you studio/fashion/portrait types will love, is "Story Teller" by Tim Walker. Now I'm not a portraitist or studio person, in fact, I've never done it or ever had an interest in it, but these photographs are just so perfectly, mindblowingly gorgeous I just couldn't tear myself away for ages. His props and set-ups are sumptuous and imaginative. I've never seen work like it. This gallery is right next door to the Cartier Bresson one and is also Free. http://www.somersethouse.org.uk/visual-arts/tim-walker-story-teller

I'm usually disappointed by hyped up photo exhibitions, but I think these two are amonst the best I've seen. Do go.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 Nov 2012 - 1:51 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.