Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Two companies using the same image

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Snapper_T
    Snapper_T e2 Member 10848 forum postsSnapper_T vcard United Kingdom
    14 Oct 2007 - 11:38 AM

We signed our daughter up with a local child model agency, as we though we'd give it a go for a year to see what happens.

Pictures taken for their agency book and web site, release forms signed and all ok.

I noticed yesterday in a local directory that one of the owners of the agency is also starting his own portrait business as well and that he has used one of my daughters pics on his portrait business advert.

I'm thinking that this is not right, as the pictures were taken for and realease forms signed for 'x' model agency and only to be used by them for advertising/web use and not for any other business advertising their services.

I'll give them a ring tomorrow to find out if they should have asked for signed release form the portrait business. I also noticed two other pictures used form the model agency.

Any advice or experience of this is appreciated.

Trev

Last Modified By Snapper_T at 14 Oct 2007 - 11:38 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Oct 2007 - 11:38 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

culturedcanvas
    14 Oct 2007 - 11:45 AM

Depends on the original agreement and the useage terms you decided upon. On top of that it depends on how the business's are set up .. if they are essentially under the same company with different trading styles, and you had agreed for the original company to use the images as they see fit then they would have right to use them.

Dan

Snapper_T
    Snapper_T e2 Member 10848 forum postsSnapper_T vcard United Kingdom
    14 Oct 2007 - 12:04 PM

Thanks for that Dan, as far as I can remember the release was only for the model agency, but will double check with them tomorrow.

Trev

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.