Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get on1's Perfect Effects 9.5 for FREE! (£48 value)

Two companies using the same image

Snapper_T 11 855 United Kingdom
14 Oct 2007 11:38AM
We signed our daughter up with a local child model agency, as we though we'd give it a go for a year to see what happens.

Pictures taken for their agency book and web site, release forms signed and all ok.

I noticed yesterday in a local directory that one of the owners of the agency is also starting his own portrait business as well and that he has used one of my daughters pics on his portrait business advert.

I'm thinking that this is not right, as the pictures were taken for and realease forms signed for 'x' model agency and only to be used by them for advertising/web use and not for any other business advertising their services.

I'll give them a ring tomorrow to find out if they should have asked for signed release form the portrait business. I also noticed two other pictures used form the model agency.

Any advice or experience of this is appreciated.

Trev

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

culturedcanvas 9 4.7k 59 United Kingdom
14 Oct 2007 11:45AM
Depends on the original agreement and the useage terms you decided upon. On top of that it depends on how the business's are set up .. if they are essentially under the same company with different trading styles, and you had agreed for the original company to use the images as they see fit then they would have right to use them.

Dan
Snapper_T 11 855 United Kingdom
14 Oct 2007 12:04PM
Thanks for that Dan, as far as I can remember the release was only for the model agency, but will double check with them tomorrow.

Trev

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.