Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

“Two new FX bodies will be announced by the end of August. Availability in Fall.”

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Consulo
Consulo  10768 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jul 2011 - 1:43 PM

According to this post here.

Obviously only time will tell if this is 100% genuine, but it seems like there will be some kind of big announcement from Nikon very soon. At the very least, it seems one of the big models will be getting an upgrade.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Jul 2011 - 1:43 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jul 2011 - 2:33 PM

Not that I am the least bit interested in replacing my current cameras, August tends to be a time when Nikon bring out some new models & updates to current versions, So it tends to be a good bet with the rumour mongers to choose this particular time of year......Smile

It amuses me that so many people are hell bent on knowing what the next camera model will be, Especially when they have hardly mastered the current version......Grin

I know its a tad boring, But the only camera that interests me is the one I'm shooting with right now, Today, This minute.....Wink

That said I guess the fever & speculation on the latest new toys, Is a sign of the times.......Sad

TimMunsey
TimMunsey e2 Member 386 forum postsTimMunsey vcard United Kingdom
19 Jul 2011 - 2:42 PM

I guess the chase for technology maybe dependent on what you shoot. If you're a still life, landscaper then your need for improved auto focus is not as great as that of the action photographer, having said you may wish for better dynamic range and more mega pixels. I agree with the mastering of the one you have, I've had my D3 3.5 years now and feel that I've only just began to use it properly, but hopefully I can use the new knowledge with the D4, bring it on!

Tim

User_Removed
19 Jul 2011 - 2:54 PM

Quote: It amuses me that so many people are hell bent on knowing what the next camera model will be, Especially when they have hardly mastered the current version......

That's two of us then - at least!!

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53615 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jul 2011 - 3:05 PM

I love the rumour sites for their own entertainment value, as a technology & gadget fan they are great fun and in a way help me evaluate what may be possible in the future - my own favourite's are canonrumors.com and northlight-images.co.uk
They can also help when purchasing a camera as they will more times than not be right about a week before a new model is released and you would not often want to buy a camera in that week.

But then i have also fallen into the trap before of beleiving in an iminant release that actually took almost an extra year in the end to actually become available.

Where the real value come in is in looking for game changing technology that might affect your business if you invested in old technology just before say a multi layer sensor came out that your competition then purchased leaving you at a big disadvantage.

The fx body post may also help in your lens investment as the megapixels being sugested may affect lens choice, it may also affect storage and PC requirments.

Enjoy rumours but don't live by them.

Overread
Overread  63762 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jul 2011 - 3:26 PM

Quote:
They can also help when purchasing a camera as they will more times than not be right about a week before a new model is released and you would not often want to buy a camera in that week.

About a week or just under is about right for the accuracy of the rumour sites = before that they are useless since Nikon and Canon simply don't have leaks (and the other brands are similarly tight lipped). The 100-400mm has had "confirmed" rumours of an "imminent release" for nearly a decade -- I guess if they keep at it one year they will be right Wink

BillyGoatGruff
BillyGoatGruff e2 Member 7191 forum postsBillyGoatGruff vcard England199 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jul 2011 - 3:58 PM

Going up to full frame has always been my plan, but since I don't have any money it's all a bit pie-in-the-sky!
Anyway, after three years of owning the marvellous D300, I have now conquered the on/off button.
Onwards and upwards, eh what!
Photographic glory is just around the corner! Tongue

Goggz
Goggz  72301 forum posts Wales72 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jul 2011 - 8:33 PM

Well Billy, I've got an Olympus XA2 you can have. That's full frame Wink

Consulo
Consulo  10768 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jul 2011 - 10:14 PM

Quote:
I know its a tad boring, But the only camera that interests me is the one I'm shooting with right now

Agreed. Just thought this might be of interest, however.

annettep38
annettep38 e2 Member 3186 forum postsannettep38 vcard France32 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jul 2011 - 11:46 PM

the best thing about new models is that the price for the 'old' model gets better. maybe that will make a D3 affordable for me.

TimMunsey
TimMunsey e2 Member 386 forum postsTimMunsey vcard United Kingdom
20 Jul 2011 - 11:14 AM

Weird thing is for me is that the camera which needs an upgrade most of all is the DX D300/s, it's junior DX the new D7000 has a better
sensor, some even have sold up and gone to this less "professional" body.

Still it's only a rumour, even though backed up by Bryan Petersons recent rumour.

Tim

Drippingsoul13
28 Jul 2011 - 2:50 AM

Quote:
the only camera that interests me is the one I'm shooting with right now, Today, This minute.....Wink

I couldn't agree more. I have had my D5000 for over a year and I am just now starting to do some experimenting and getting some new cool add ons.Smile

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62477 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
4 Aug 2011 - 11:57 AM

The previous rumour was an announcement by 2 days ago Smile

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023012 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
4 Aug 2011 - 12:29 PM

Big Announcement tomorrow!!!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139430 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
4 Aug 2011 - 12:44 PM

So it's rumoured! Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.