Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

UK world's favourite nation.

StrayCat e2
10 15.0k 2 Canada
24 Feb 2006 8:43AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

liparig 10 233 United States
24 Feb 2006 9:34AM
Way to go Canada in 3rd place, cool!
Joe
MarkyMarc 9 498 Canada
24 Feb 2006 10:41AM
Not to demean the UK in any way, but how can they say the #1 choice is the 'World's favourite' when they only surveyed people in 35 countries? That's less than 20%.
tepot 10 4.4k United Kingdom
24 Feb 2006 10:50AM
that would mean the UK came in at #1 according to their survey, if someone else did a survey and included 50 countries the result may have been different, i'll live with the results this time though Wink
MoWiz 9 114 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2006 10:55AM

Quote:The NBI also measured how respondents from other countries perceive people from other countries. UK citizens were considered to be the most polite, most boring and best educated. The French were seen as the rudest and Americans were viewed as the most ignorant and most ambitious[/Quote]

that's a the interesting bit LOL

tepot 10 4.4k United Kingdom
24 Feb 2006 10:58AM
having lived in the states for 4 yrs i would say the americans are amongst the politest people i have met, certainly more so than Brits, i have to say they are certainly ambitious over here though, they pay an absolute fortune for education.
peter shilton 10 1.1k England
24 Feb 2006 11:03AM
There are lovely people and tossers in every country and of every religion, colour etc.

And on every forum!

I cetainly wouldn't put UK top.
LeCCy 8 263 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2006 11:07AM
>they pay an absolute fortune for education

Those that can afford it do, and they have to. 1 in 10 americans live in poverty. Americans can be polite in a toffee apple way, all the rights words and none of the sentiment. Repeat the mantra ' have a nice day'

I can only assume that the respondents to the poll have never actually been to the UK.

Is it too late for me to vote for Iceland?
JohnHawthorne 9 1.7k 5 Scotland
24 Feb 2006 11:24AM
Not too late, at least not on EPZ!

Anyone else? Assuming you weren't allowed to vote for your own country, what country would you vote for?

Australia for me followed closely by Ireland, but even if I could vote for the UK I wouldn't!
24 Feb 2006 11:29AM
should be no competition really it has to be Japan, polite people, low crime rates, and they're well into their photography.
c_evans99 11 7.0k 1 Wales
24 Feb 2006 11:32AM
Ahem - the Uk's not a nation, it's a political entity consisting of four nations
24 Feb 2006 11:34AM
good point LOL
wolf666 8 497 England
24 Feb 2006 11:37AM
England would get my vote but then I'm not PC
strawman 10 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2006 11:42AM
Whats wrong with the UK being number 1, I think this is a good place to live stop knocking it.

My favorite place after the UK is Sweden the people are courteous, very fair minded, and once you get to know them, they have a strong sense of humour, it is just different from ours. The scenery is good too. I must sneak my camera with me next time and add an extra day or two to go explore more.

Then it would have to be Italy. The passion the joy of life, the need for style. My trips to Italy have been fabulous or disasters.

France, to be honest, is nowhere near as bad as many UK people make out. I have always had a good time there, they know how to conduct a good strong argument and how to be friends in the morning. Its done well, or , well does it matter. If you make an effort to fit in or understand them or talk the language then they can be so helpful and friendly. ( I was given honorary French Citizen status by a French customer following a heated meeting "We can now tell the difference between the Scottish and the English, we like the difference").

Germany has its charms, though I prefer how people are in the Bavarian regions, to the other regions. And where else can you have a different bear for every time of the day?

America, tricky, its the only place I have been to and could not see myself being happy. I know quite a few Americans, and I cannot say it because I do not like some of the people I have met, I just do not like the way they live. Sorry Sad
LeCCy 8 263 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2006 11:46AM
And where else can you have a different bear for every time of the day?

Erm, dunno you got me...peru? the rockies?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.