Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Unable to load images on to computer

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    minicooper
    29 Nov 2012 - 8:35 PM

The images on the camera are fine a Sony Alpha 700. Two different compact flash cards I've tried both in camera and in card reader. Nothing is happending on either device. I've tried a new cable and still nothing. I've also deleted quite a few files. I've tried other devices on the computer, Kindle and graphics tablet they seem fine. Any ideas would be helpful thankyou. Dennis (Minicooper)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Nov 2012 - 8:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

colin beeley
    colin beeley e2 Member 111064 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Nov 2012 - 8:58 PM

are they raw or jpg ? have you put your cameras software on your computer and tried ?

minicooper
    29 Nov 2012 - 9:08 PM

They are raw and soft ware is already installed.

User_Removed
    29 Nov 2012 - 9:25 PM

Quote: Nothing is happending on either device

Are you waiting for something to happen automatically? Check your Auto Play settings. (btw which O/S are you using)?

Do the devices show up in My Computer?

minicooper
    29 Nov 2012 - 9:40 PM

Windows Seven. No they're not showing on the computer. Auto setting are okay just checked

chalkhillblue
    chalkhillblue e2 Member 5143 forum postschalkhillblue vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Nov 2012 - 10:11 PM

Have you downloaded Microsoft camera codec pack?, this should enable your
    computer to read the RAW images. It is a free download.
    David

User_Removed
    29 Nov 2012 - 10:22 PM

Quote: No they're not showing on the computer

What's
    not showing?

The card reader icon? The camera icon? The folder containing the files? The image files? The images themselves when you try to open an image file?

Are you able to see a list of files (which means cable works) or does your computer not even recognise that you've plugged in a camera or card reader?

Last Modified By User_Removed at 29 Nov 2012 - 10:24 PM
    chalkhillblue
    chalkhillblue e2 Member 5143 forum postschalkhillblue vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Nov 2012 - 10:37 PM

Sorry should have read, Microsoft camera codec pack for Windows 7 and Vista,
    just use google and download.
    David

colin beeley
    colin beeley e2 Member 111064 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Nov 2012 - 6:29 AM

sometimes it can be an easy thing to fix just by shutting your computer off & turning back on , because i think it was working ok before, although you don't say.

lemmy
    lemmy  61673 forum posts United Kingdom
    30 Nov 2012 - 10:26 AM

Unfortunately Dennis, your question is so vague that I can't make out what you mean is or isn't happening.

If you take your card and put it in your computer SD reader, does the computer bleep to tell you it has registered? In Explorer or whatever you use, does the SD show up as a drive (E: D: - something like that?).

What are you trying to do?

puertouk
    puertouk  21012 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Nov 2012 - 10:53 AM

Hi Dennis, have you tried to uninstall your camera software and then re-install it. If you have cleaning software on your PC, CCleaner etc, it could have removed a part of your camera software by mistake.
    Stephen

minicooper
    30 Nov 2012 - 11:00 AM

When I put the card reader in it bleeps and sometimes shows its icon on the computer as mass storage device. When I connect the camera cable from the camera nothing happens no noise or icon appears. The reader sometimes appears in G drive however every with it is greyed out. I've uploaded images from a previous card reader most of the time fine however I had to change ports. Also I've uploaded from build in ports no problems. My lap top doesn't have compact flash reader installed. Hope that's better.

lemmy
    lemmy  61673 forum posts United Kingdom
    30 Nov 2012 - 12:14 PM

So are you using compact flash cards? If your camera cable plugs into a USB port, it doesn't need a camera makers driver and should just show as a storage device. If it doesn't, does the Sony have a menu entry for connecting to the computer? They usually give a choice of USB mode and it needs to be set to PC or mass storage device, however Sony term it.

If you have changed your computer to a new 64bit operating system you may have a driver problem and need to look for up to date drivers . I'm assuming your Sony must use CF cards since you mention that your machine doesn't have a CF reader installed which would not be relevant if you are using SD cards.

What happens if you format the card in camera and just fire off a shot? Would that transfer?

Jestertheclown
    30 Nov 2012 - 1:38 PM

For what it's worth, I used to have a Sony A200 but I never had any software for it.
    That took CF cards from which I downloaded using a card reader.
    It was still possible though, even without installing any Sony-specific software to download the images on the card by plugging the camera into the computer via a (Fuji) Usb. lead.
    The camera was automatically recognised as a drive named Sony A200.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 30 Nov 2012 - 1:39 PM
    colin beeley
    30 Nov 2012 - 4:06 PM

(I've uploaded images from a previous card reader) - so what has happened to it ?

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.