Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Unauthorised Image Usage.... and some.... ;-)

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014816 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2014 - 7:04 PM

unbelievable

Just having a the usual look around Google for naughty usage of my photos and find a company offering Photography Workshops in Leeds using this photo

ominous-leeds-town-hall.jpg

Flabbergasted is not the word - I've sent them an invoice already and best not mention who they are, it's made me see RED, and put a CLOUD over view of the training world Wink

a photography company using a competitor's shot to advertise their workshops....

What does that say about their photographers Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Mar 2014 - 7:04 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

meyeview
meyeview e2 Member 5587 forum postsmeyeview vcard Scotland
8 Mar 2014 - 7:12 PM

name and shame. the people who book these clowns are getting a raw deal.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43925 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2014 - 7:20 PM

I think a RED CLOUD of anger is a natural reaction to this, Ade. I do wonder who the perpetrator is though.Wink

WhiteRose1
WhiteRose1 e2 Member 41054 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England136 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2014 - 7:38 PM

They do a 4 hour photo/walking tour in London - Westminster Abbey Big Ben - The London Eye - Saint Pauls Cathedral The Millennium Bridge Tower Bridge. Running shoes and fast shutter speeds needed!!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014816 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2014 - 7:57 PM

3 invoices for the same shot sent out tonight... one's to a small design company in leeds.... they're new, maybe have a brew with them and get some work off them instead Wink

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64439 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2014 - 8:26 PM

You're so popular, Ade. Smile

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315384 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2014 - 8:30 PM

So they used a picture with your name plastered over it, in that case you got some free advertising Smile

ade_mcfade
8 Mar 2014 - 9:25 PM

it's not a logo'd version they've got on the website... it's one they'll have got off here I expect... back when I didn't logo things

it's a direct competitor passing off my work as theirs...

slightly more serious than you imply paul.

teabelly
teabelly  332 forum posts England
8 Mar 2014 - 10:06 PM

I was in a "local town" tourist information office browsing places to visit, when I overheard a conversation where they were looking for a photograph of the "local town" for the booklet. The lady in charge said that the image they had used was no good and they should "simply google" for a good one...!!! I was shocked for so many reasons, this area of the UK has the most talented photographers and a club but it had not passed her mind to just ask..Sad but she just thought it was ok to use images of the web..

puertouk
puertouk  21073 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2014 - 9:44 AM

Just a quick one Ade, how do you find out if your images are being used by someone else?
Stephen

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43925 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2014 - 9:49 AM

Stephen,
In Google Images you can link to one of your photos and see if it is used somewhere else.
Also TinEye is very good for finding images

lumix5
lumix5  3205 forum posts Northern Ireland
9 Mar 2014 - 11:28 AM

I am a bit slow to catch on, but what is the process to link a photo to Google Images.

saltireblue
9 Mar 2014 - 12:25 PM

In the search box, click on the camera icon then either upload the image or add the url.

My own experience is that TinEye gives better results...

Last Modified By saltireblue at 9 Mar 2014 - 12:26 PM
thewilliam
9 Mar 2014 - 12:44 PM

Ade, I notice that the offender is a limited company so don't charge them too much or they'll just go into liquidation! WinkWinkWink

franken
franken e2 Member 123134 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2014 - 1:30 PM

I've just used Tineye and discovered this on a website called 500px.

Just sent an email to them.

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/franken-6144/gallery/photo/arabian-oryx--34845416

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.