Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Unauthorised Image Usage.... and some.... ;-)

ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
8 Mar 2014 7:04PM
unbelievable

Just having a the usual look around Google for naughty usage of my photos and find a company offering Photography Workshops in Leeds using this photo

ominous-leeds-town-hall.jpg

Flabbergasted is not the word - I've sent them an invoice already and best not mention who they are, it's made me see RED, and put a CLOUD over view of the training world Wink

a photography company using a competitor's shot to advertise their workshops....

What does that say about their photographers Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

meyeview e2
5 737 Scotland
8 Mar 2014 7:12PM
name and shame. the people who book these clowns are getting a raw deal.
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
8 Mar 2014 7:20PM
I think a RED CLOUD of anger is a natural reaction to this, Ade. I do wonder who the perpetrator is though.Wink
WhiteRose1 e2
4 1.1k 137 England
8 Mar 2014 7:38PM
They do a 4 hour photo/walking tour in London - Westminster Abbey Big Ben - The London Eye - Saint Pauls Cathedral The Millennium Bridge Tower Bridge. Running shoes and fast shutter speeds needed!!
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
8 Mar 2014 7:57PM
3 invoices for the same shot sent out tonight... one's to a small design company in leeds.... they're new, maybe have a brew with them and get some work off them instead Wink
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
8 Mar 2014 8:26PM
You're so popular, Ade. Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
8 Mar 2014 8:30PM
So they used a picture with your name plastered over it, in that case you got some free advertising Smile
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
8 Mar 2014 9:25PM
it's not a logo'd version they've got on the website... it's one they'll have got off here I expect... back when I didn't logo things

it's a direct competitor passing off my work as theirs...

slightly more serious than you imply paul.
teabelly 4 32 England
8 Mar 2014 10:06PM
I was in a "local town" tourist information office browsing places to visit, when I overheard a conversation where they were looking for a photograph of the "local town" for the booklet. The lady in charge said that the image they had used was no good and they should "simply google" for a good one...!!! I was shocked for so many reasons, this area of the UK has the most talented photographers and a club but it had not passed her mind to just ask..Sad but she just thought it was ok to use images of the web..
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
9 Mar 2014 9:44AM
Just a quick one Ade, how do you find out if your images are being used by someone else?
Stephen
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
9 Mar 2014 9:49AM
Stephen,
In Google Images you can link to one of your photos and see if it is used somewhere else.
Also TinEye is very good for finding images
lumix5 3 252 Northern Ireland
9 Mar 2014 11:28AM
I am a bit slow to catch on, but what is the process to link a photo to Google Images.
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
9 Mar 2014 12:25PM
In the search box, click on the camera icon then either upload the image or add the url.

My own experience is that TinEye gives better results...
thewilliam 6 4.8k
9 Mar 2014 12:44PM
Ade, I notice that the offender is a limited company so don't charge them too much or they'll just go into liquidation! WinkWinkWink
franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
9 Mar 2014 1:30PM
I've just used Tineye and discovered this on a website called 500px.

Just sent an email to them.

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/franken-6144/gallery/photo/arabian-oryx--34845416

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.