Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Unauthorised Image Usage.... and some.... ;-)

Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
9 Mar 2014 3:44PM
This works well.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
9 Mar 2014 4:49PM
Thanks for that malc. Bit of a grind if you have a few thousand images though Blush
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
9 Mar 2014 5:37PM

Quote:Thanks for that malc. Bit of a grind if you have a few thousand images though Blush

jesters method is a lot easier and just as effective. I forgot to mention that, even though I have it installed.Blush
Use that together with tineye...
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
9 Mar 2014 7:04PM
if you use Google Chrome broswer, it's got simple...

just right click on any photo at all and there's an option saying

"Search google for this image"

Just select that, and up pops a new tab with everything it finds

One of my Royal Armouries photos has 4 pages of hits - some blogs, but quite a few are commercial site.

I'm just block invoicing the lot this time... ba$tard$

We're talking 25+ for this one image
LouiseTopp 4 522 United Kingdom
10 Mar 2014 10:05AM

Quote:I was in a "local town" tourist information office browsing places to visit, when I overheard a conversation where they were looking for a photograph of the "local town" for the booklet. The lady in charge said that the image they had used was no good and they should "simply google" for a good one...!!! I was shocked for so many reasons, this area of the UK has the most talented photographers and a club but it had not passed her mind to just ask..Sad but she just thought it was ok to use images of the web..

Abasalutly shocking, I have friends that work in the Salisbury TIC and also some are in the camera club. If they wanted a picture then they would submite their own! How does Tin Eye work please?
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
10 Mar 2014 10:13AM
just tested tin eye - google found more so would recommend google image search
779HOB 2 1.1k United Kingdom
10 Mar 2014 12:19PM
I just tried a Google search and got this message - The URL doesn't refer to an image, or the image is not publicly accessible.

It's from a URL for an image on my site that I know appears on other publicly available sites. Maybe some forms of site protection make it look like the image on my site isn't pubic?
lobsterboy e2
11 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
10 Mar 2014 1:46PM

Quote:I just tried a Google search and got this message - The URL doesn't refer to an image, or the image is not publicly accessible.

It's from a URL for an image on my site that I know appears on other publicly available sites. Maybe some forms of site protection make it look like the image on my site isn't pubic?

You have a clear gif layer over your images to prevent right click copying. If you use the actual URL of some of your images it works fine .
10 Mar 2014 2:20PM
That's what I figured - but I think I was using the URL for the image. I'll look later, maybe I wasn't.
PaulSR 9 511 England
10 Mar 2014 4:59PM
779HOB. I have a lot of pubic images but dont want to put them on this site
10 Mar 2014 9:31PM
If you have a lot of public images why don't you want to put them here? Just wondering.
LouiseTopp 4 522 United Kingdom
11 Mar 2014 9:29AM

Quote:You have a clear gif layer over your images to prevent right click copying. If you use the actual URL of some of your images it works fine.

How do you do that please?
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
11 Mar 2014 10:39AM
is it part of the theme/website setup?

if so, I bet you can get plugins to do it for you...
11 Mar 2014 10:54AM
It's an option you can switch on I think with the company I use.
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
11 Mar 2014 11:29AM
if you're really really keen you can view the source of the page and look for the URL there... I think it's pretty easy with Chrome actually

copy the URL and paste it into google image search - job done

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.