Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Unique Views

Delbon 6 4 England
15 Aug 2011 12:44PM
Hi

What is a Unique view

Del

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
15 Aug 2011 12:55PM
Depends on the context, if one person visits a webpage seven times the logs might show seven views / hits, but it's only one unique view
Zatoichi 5 707 United Kingdom
15 Aug 2011 1:23PM
A point of view either individual or collective that differs from the norm? Dunno.

Any given moment in the space/time continuum?

As Chris said, it depends on the context and what you mean by ' view'?
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
15 Aug 2011 1:28PM
It can mean an individualistic outlook on life, and a personal philosophy going above and beyond accepted societal norms. Smile

................... or, alternatively, just as Chris says! Wink
Delbon 6 4 England
15 Aug 2011 1:54PM
Hi
Thanks for your answers but I was referring to the "unique View" in relation to the Ephotozine site which shows the number of views and also the number of unique viewsGrin
Lynx08 e2
6 1.2k England
15 Aug 2011 1:59PM
Like Chris said above, if I view an image 5 times it is only one unique view

Lyn
Zatoichi 5 707 United Kingdom
15 Aug 2011 2:05PM

Quote:Hi
Thanks for your answers but I was referring to the "unique View" in relation to the Ephotozine site which shows the number of views and also the number of unique viewsGrin

Then technically every view is unique as no two people will gather and interpret the same information (or different) in exactly the same way! This is not to say that there wont be a general consensus or agreement about a particular view.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
15 Aug 2011 2:20PM
One can even argue that every view is 'individual', even if say 5 views are made by the same person! The psychological response of the person concerned may have changed, in-between views, as a result of exposure to other imagery or indeed other life experiences. Smile

.............but that may be getting a bit deep! Wink
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
15 Aug 2011 2:38PM
When all else fails, check the FAQ's

Quote:
What is a Unique View?

A unique view is different to the normal view figure.

The view figure shows how many times your photo has been viewed, but this could be made up of several views by the same person on the same day which may not be a true indicator of how many people view your photo.

A unique view is registered only once per viewer in a 24 hour period, so if the same person views your photo 10 or even 100 times during 24 hours it is only counted as one unique view

Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
15 Aug 2011 2:42PM

Quote:.............but that may be getting a bit deep! Wink

I think you've spent too long discussing deep and meaningful global issues in that other thread CB . . . !
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
15 Aug 2011 3:05PM

Quote:I think you've spent too long discussing deep and meaningful global issues in that other thread CB . . . !

Lol! Grin

Quote:When all else fails, check the FAQ's

Brian gets us back to reality! Wink
cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
15 Aug 2011 4:02PM
Well here is a fairly unique view......Smile

Just happens to be my back garden too.......Grin
waveney-view-1.jpg

So apart from the odd visitor, Its pretty unique as not many people get to see it from this perspective.

Wink
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
15 Aug 2011 4:12PM
Nice back garden! Gets my vote........ click! Grin
Delbon 6 4 England
15 Aug 2011 4:13PM
Thanks lads I never expected such in depth answers Wink- however somewhere in there was the answer I wanted - many thanks for your time and humour

Del
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
15 Aug 2011 6:06PM

Quote:...however somewhere in there was the answer I wanted .Del

That must be pretty unique on here as well Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.