Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Unique Views

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Delbon
Delbon  6 England
15 Aug 2011 - 12:44 PM

Hi

What is a Unique view

Del

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Aug 2011 - 12:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
15 Aug 2011 - 12:55 PM

Depends on the context, if one person visits a webpage seven times the logs might show seven views / hits, but it's only one unique view

Zatoichi
Zatoichi  4707 forum posts United Kingdom
15 Aug 2011 - 1:23 PM

A point of view either individual or collective that differs from the norm? Dunno.

Any given moment in the space/time continuum?

As Chris said, it depends on the context and what you mean by ' view'?

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2011 - 1:28 PM

It can mean an individualistic outlook on life, and a personal philosophy going above and beyond accepted societal norms. Smile

................... or, alternatively, just as Chris says! Wink

Delbon
Delbon  6 England
15 Aug 2011 - 1:54 PM

Hi
Thanks for your answers but I was referring to the "unique View" in relation to the Ephotozine site which shows the number of views and also the number of unique viewsGrin

Lynx08
Lynx08 e2 Member 61209 forum postsLynx08 vcard England
15 Aug 2011 - 1:59 PM

Like Chris said above, if I view an image 5 times it is only one unique view

Lyn

Zatoichi
Zatoichi  4707 forum posts United Kingdom
15 Aug 2011 - 2:05 PM

Quote: Hi
Thanks for your answers but I was referring to the "unique View" in relation to the Ephotozine site which shows the number of views and also the number of unique viewsGrin

Then technically every view is unique as no two people will gather and interpret the same information (or different) in exactly the same way! This is not to say that there wont be a general consensus or agreement about a particular view.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2011 - 2:20 PM

One can even argue that every view is 'individual', even if say 5 views are made by the same person! The psychological response of the person concerned may have changed, in-between views, as a result of exposure to other imagery or indeed other life experiences. Smile

.............but that may be getting a bit deep! Wink

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 109962 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2011 - 2:38 PM

When all else fails, check the FAQ's

Quote:
What is a Unique View?

A unique view is different to the normal view figure.

The view figure shows how many times your photo has been viewed, but this could be made up of several views by the same person on the same day which may not be a true indicator of how many people view your photo.

A unique view is registered only once per viewer in a 24 hour period, so if the same person views your photo 10 or even 100 times during 24 hours it is only counted as one unique view

Jestertheclown
15 Aug 2011 - 2:42 PM

Quote: .............but that may be getting a bit deep! Wink

I think you've spent too long discussing deep and meaningful global issues in that other thread CB . . . !

Carabosse
15 Aug 2011 - 3:05 PM

Quote: I think you've spent too long discussing deep and meaningful global issues in that other thread CB . . . !

Lol! Grin

Quote: When all else fails, check the FAQ's

Brian gets us back to reality! Wink

cameracat
cameracat  108574 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2011 - 4:02 PM

Well here is a fairly unique view......Smile

Just happens to be my back garden too.......Grin
waveney-view-1.jpg

So apart from the odd visitor, Its pretty unique as not many people get to see it from this perspective.

Wink

Carabosse
15 Aug 2011 - 4:12 PM

Nice back garden! Gets my vote........ click! Grin

Delbon
Delbon  6 England
15 Aug 2011 - 4:13 PM

Thanks lads I never expected such in depth answers Wink- however somewhere in there was the answer I wanted - many thanks for your time and humour

Del

Last Modified By Delbon at 15 Aug 2011 - 4:14 PM
adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63200 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2011 - 6:06 PM

Quote: ...however somewhere in there was the answer I wanted .Del

That must be pretty unique on here as well Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.