Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Unwelcome on my PC...MYSTART

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

chalkhillblue
chalkhillblue e2 Member 5143 forum postschalkhillblue vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2013 - 6:07 PM

Hello Mike
I also have used Malwarebytes for many years along side various security software programmes, never a problem. Last year I upgraded to the Pro
version, for a very reasonable amount of money for a life time licence, which runs constantly as against the free version which only runs on demand
and requires updating before every use.
Always download software direct i.e firefox.com or Mozilla, another trustworthy site is Cnet.com guaranteed clean downloads, very trustworthy in my
experience.
David

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Jan 2013 - 6:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2013 - 6:11 PM

Agree with you there I've always fount cnet reliable as well.

mikehit
mikehit  56435 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2013 - 6:14 PM

Thank you for the cnet suggestion.

Colin Smale
10 Jan 2013 - 7:56 PM

Chris_L... thanx for your support; I'll wear it always Grin

User_Removed
10 Jan 2013 - 8:13 PM

Got to be tough on you Colin otherwise you're always going to be an easy target for the conmen. You also probably agreed to the installation of all that adware....

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014794 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2013 - 8:57 PM

Aha, more victims. I always download from cnet, and have done for years. I recently went through a spate of ads popping up in the bottom left and right corners of the screen. I'm using IE9, and Windows 7. MWB didn't do a thing for me, then I tried Bullguard; it worked, but kept reminding me to buy it. I eventually found a highly rated program called Adfender, and it works, without constantly reminding you that it's there. It also has some interesting features you access by opening it, and getting a list provided. You can also review the programs activities. I've been using it for several days now, and it's the first time in months I've had uninterrupted peace. I got it off cnet, and it's free, and doesn't seem to slow my PC operation. Btw, it works with all the popular browsers.

Colin Smale
10 Jan 2013 - 9:52 PM

Looks like cnet is the route? If you know this you know but if you don't (as we all didn't in our earlier days) then you get lumbered.

KevSB
KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2013 - 10:13 PM

Is my start just a homepage search, if so going to Internet settings and making google your default should get rid of it

Colin Smale
10 Jan 2013 - 10:35 PM

Yep, done that now, plenty of help here, Ephotozine great for getting probs sorted eh.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.