Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Unwelcome on my PC...MYSTART

10 Jan 2013 6:07PM
Hello Mike
I also have used Malwarebytes for many years along side various security software programmes, never a problem. Last year I upgraded to the Pro
version, for a very reasonable amount of money for a life time licence, which runs constantly as against the free version which only runs on demand
and requires updating before every use.
Always download software direct i.e firefox.com or Mozilla, another trustworthy site is Cnet.com guaranteed clean downloads, very trustworthy in my
experience.
David

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

whipspeed e2
10 4.0k 22 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2013 6:11PM
Agree with you there I've always fount cnet reliable as well.
mikehit e2
5 6.8k 11 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2013 6:14PM
Thank you for the cnet suggestion.
Colin Smale 11 427 England
10 Jan 2013 7:56PM
Chris_L... thanx for your support; I'll wear it always Grin
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2013 8:13PM
Got to be tough on you Colin otherwise you're always going to be an easy target for the conmen. You also probably agreed to the installation of all that adware....
StrayCat e2
10 15.0k 2 Canada
10 Jan 2013 8:57PM
Aha, more victims. I always download from cnet, and have done for years. I recently went through a spate of ads popping up in the bottom left and right corners of the screen. I'm using IE9, and Windows 7. MWB didn't do a thing for me, then I tried Bullguard; it worked, but kept reminding me to buy it. I eventually found a highly rated program called Adfender, and it works, without constantly reminding you that it's there. It also has some interesting features you access by opening it, and getting a list provided. You can also review the programs activities. I've been using it for several days now, and it's the first time in months I've had uninterrupted peace. I got it off cnet, and it's free, and doesn't seem to slow my PC operation. Btw, it works with all the popular browsers.
10 Jan 2013 9:52PM
Looks like cnet is the route? If you know this you know but if you don't (as we all didn't in our earlier days) then you get lumbered.
KevSB 10 1.4k 5 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2013 10:13PM
Is my start just a homepage search, if so going to Internet settings and making google your default should get rid of it
10 Jan 2013 10:35PM
Yep, done that now, plenty of help here, Ephotozine great for getting probs sorted eh.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.