Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Updated website - any comments would be welcome.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    GazW
    GazW e2 Member 6GazW vcard Wales5 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Sep 2012 - 12:14 PM

I've just updated the gallery section of my web site www.gaslight.me.uk and would really appreciate any views or comments on it. It's main purpose is simply to share my images with friends / family or my coursework with my tutor and the assessors but that's obviously no reason to not get it right.

The main galleries are Flash-based and optimised for larger screens but should automatically swap into a HTML version for iPads etc. Also there's an option to use HTML5 on desktops as well.

Many thanks if you get a chance to look and comment.

Gaz

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Sep 2012 - 12:14 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ElectricalImage

Very nice website - and great images. The overall impression is elegant and up-market and its an excellent advertisment for OCA!

GazW
    6 Sep 2012 - 3:31 PM

Chris,
    thanks for taking the time to check it out - that must be the only thing about me that could ever be called elegant ! Now if I can just use your comment to get a discount from the OCA Smile

Thanks again
    Gaz

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade  1014708 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Sep 2012 - 5:14 PM

Seems to work well enough

Not entirely sure the greyness of the site works for my taste - it's got a bit of a "designer" feel to it at the top of the page, with the font and line, though the menu to the side doesn't quite sit with that feel... the block headers etc. seem a bit eye catching.

The font's a bit small - found myself clicking on the wrong thing - I'd go up to 14 point maybe?

GazW
    6 Sep 2012 - 5:29 PM

Ade,
    thanks for that - I know what you mean about the grey not being to everybody's taste but then what is ? Smile Smile I'll have a play with it if I get more comments on that score.

The point about the headers makes sense. I wanted people to be able to find where to go easily but I guess it's too much like a sledgehammer so I'll tone that down just a bit.

As to the font size - yep, it is a bit small but I thought that it was just my aged eyes that were struggling. I'll push it up to 14 ore so as you suggest.

Many thanks again for taking the time to look and to comment so constructively

Gaz

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.