Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Updates for CS3

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    johnnyboy114
    14 Nov 2008 - 5:36 PM

I have CS3 that has Camera Raw 4.0 on it. Now, my cousin also has a copy of CS3 that has CR 4.6 on it. which he said he updated to by going to the "Help" menu and clicking on the "updates" menu. Now, when I try to do this, the "updates" menu is "greyed" out, not letting me click on it, hence not being able to get the updates.

So, I went to the Adobe site and found the CR 4.6 update, tried to download it and upzip it. I clicked on the file and PS opened, but then said it couldn't open the file as it was "the wrong type of file".....!!!

Does anyone know why I can't update through CS3 itself and why won't it accept the legit downloads from Adobe themselves?

The copy is completely legit, so I am hoping its nothing to do with the computer or CS3 itself. Any help on this would be great. Its doing my head in! Smile

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Nov 2008 - 5:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Scutter
    Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Nov 2008 - 5:55 PM

If you just open CS3 and immediately click on Help the Updates option is greyed out; however if you open CS3, then click once in the workspace and then click on Help you should find that the Updates option is active.

Hope that helps Smile
    Ben

Henchard
    Henchard  92744 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Nov 2008 - 5:58 PM

It can be updated manually. In Windows it's just a case of moving the downloaded file "Camera Raw.8bi" into the correct folder to replace the old one. Full instructions on the Adobe website.

johnnyboy114
    14 Nov 2008 - 6:00 PM

Quote: If you just open CS3 and immediately click on Help the Updates option is greyed out; however if you open CS3, then click once in the workspace and then click on Help you should find that the Updates option is active.

Hope that helps
    Ben

HI Ben,

When you say "workspace" do you mean the blank grey screen that you have in front of you when you first open PS up? Because I tried what you said (if that is the case) and its still greyed out! Most confusing....

johnnyboy114
    14 Nov 2008 - 6:01 PM

Quote: It can be updated manually. In Windows it's just a case of moving the downloaded file "Camera Raw.8bi" into the correct folder to replace the old one. Full instructions on the Adobe website.

Hmmmm.....Ok, I looked at all the instructions that were there when I went to the download page and couldn't see this. I shall have another look and see what I can find.....thanks!

Henchard
    Henchard  92744 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Nov 2008 - 6:09 PM

Quote: . I shall have another look and see what I can find.....thanks!

try here

half way down the page

Scutter
    Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Nov 2008 - 6:10 PM

Yes the big grey bit. I've tried it myself just now and it worked. Try Henchard's method if that didnt work!

johnnyboy114
    14 Nov 2008 - 6:13 PM

Quote: Quote:. I shall have another look and see what I can find.....thanks!try here

half way down the page

Excellent!!! Just done it and it worked a treat! Thanks for that! MUCH appreciated!

johnnyboy114
    14 Nov 2008 - 6:14 PM

Quote: Yes the big grey bit. I've tried it myself just now and it worked. Try Henchard's method if that didnt work!

Hmmmm tried it again on mine and didn't do anything. But done Henchards method and worked brilliantly! But thanks for your advice all the same. Not sure why it didn't work, but all info is appreciated! Cheers!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.