Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Upgrade from D80???

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62426 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
22 Jan 2013 - 3:05 PM

The D600 is a better camera all round including in low light than your present D80, though even with part exchange costs more than your budget.
There is a lot of Internet hype that if used with dust off off, and you magnify the image 200% before increasing contrast you can see dust on the sensor; but this applies to most other bodies.
If you live in the UK and buy from a UK retailer; in the unlikely event you buy any defective product (not just a DSLR) which turns out to be faulty within six months you are entitled to your money back or a replacement from the retailer.
The D7000 is within your budget and much better at noise than your D80. There may be an upgrade for the D300s later this year though it is unlikely to cost much less when first released than the current D600 street price.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Jan 2013 - 3:05 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
22 Jan 2013 - 7:56 PM

Quote: I hear the D600 has a few problems however? But excellent in low light? That's one of my concerns, low light performance.

Remember the old tenet that was taught on every Customer Service training course.......

"A satisfied customer might tell two other people. A dissatisfied customer will tell 20." and, of course, with the advent of the internet, that 20 might now be 20,000.

The "problems" you hear about are probably the whinges of 0.1% of buyers who feel they have to broadcast their moans to the entire online community.

You are no more likely to find problems in the D600 than in any other new camera by a reputable manufacturer and, in Britain, you have a 100% safety net in our Consumer Protection legislation if you are one of the unlucky 0.1%.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 22 Jan 2013 - 7:57 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.