Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Upgrade Lens

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    desbarnio
    desbarnio  3 Scotland
    26 Feb 2012 - 9:01 AM

Budget is 500 and currently using a Canon 450d.
    Have been looking at the Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM Lens for Canon as a new Landscape Lens
    Would this be the best option to upgrade lens to or any other suggestions
    Also it seems to range on net from 389-429 but have found a website http://www.onestop-digital.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=3...
    selling it for 323, anyone used them before?

Advice on the new lens would be fantastic

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Feb 2012 - 9:01 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MrGoatsmilk
    26 Feb 2012 - 9:47 AM

Sigma 10-20 is a great lens, I use one with my 40D, got it used for 300.

Onestop Digital is based in Hong Kong so you won't have any warranty or come back should anything go wrong, either buy from a UK based supplier who don't sell grey imports or buy used and save a few quid that way instead.

I have a few shots in my profile using the same lens.

Stu

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122211 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Feb 2012 - 9:53 AM

The Sigma is a very nice lens but what do you mean by upgrading? What lenses do you have at the moment? I use the 10-20 a fair bit but it's by no means an every day lens.

desbarnio
    desbarnio  3 Scotland
    26 Feb 2012 - 10:13 AM

Gaucho currently have kit lens 18-55 and a Sigma 70-300, got 500 as a present and would like to spend it wisely on a new lens, mainly do landscape photograpy

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122211 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Feb 2012 - 11:11 AM

I would go for the Sigma then. It takes a bit of getting used to but well worth it. As Stu says though, be careful where you get it from. If you have anything left over, a 50mm 1.8 wouldn't go amiss Smile
    Malcolm

desbarnio
    desbarnio  3 Scotland
    26 Feb 2012 - 11:45 AM

Cheers guys, so glad I joined , information and help is brilliant, thanks again

WhiteRose1
    WhiteRose1 e2 Member 41029 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England133 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Feb 2012 - 6:37 PM

Hi Craig, I should be on commission the number of times I've recommended the Canon 15-85. I've also got the Sigma 10-20. I mainly take landscapes and travel photographs and very rarely use anything other than the 15-85 lens. Of course if your hooked on the extra wide perspective then the 10-20 is an excellent lens but I find the 15 is wide enough for the majority of occasions I need wide. I think you can find them around or just under your budget.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.