Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Upgrade Lens

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    desbarnio
    desbarnio  2 Scotland
    26 Feb 2012 - 9:01 AM

Budget is £500 and currently using a Canon 450d.
    Have been looking at the Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM Lens for Canon as a new Landscape Lens
    Would this be the best option to upgrade lens to or any other suggestions
    Also it seems to range on net from £389-£429 but have found a website http://www.onestop-digital.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=3...
    selling it for £323, anyone used them before?

Advice on the new lens would be fantastic

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Feb 2012 - 9:01 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MrGoatsmilk
    26 Feb 2012 - 9:47 AM

Sigma 10-20 is a great lens, I use one with my 40D, got it used for £300.

Onestop Digital is based in Hong Kong so you won't have any warranty or come back should anything go wrong, either buy from a UK based supplier who don't sell grey imports or buy used and save a few quid that way instead.

I have a few shots in my profile using the same lens.

Stu

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122047 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Feb 2012 - 9:53 AM

The Sigma is a very nice lens but what do you mean by upgrading? What lenses do you have at the moment? I use the 10-20 a fair bit but it's by no means an every day lens.

desbarnio
    desbarnio  2 Scotland
    26 Feb 2012 - 10:13 AM

Gaucho currently have kit lens 18-55 and a Sigma 70-300, got £500 as a present and would like to spend it wisely on a new lens, mainly do landscape photograpy

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122047 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Feb 2012 - 11:11 AM

I would go for the Sigma then. It takes a bit of getting used to but well worth it. As Stu says though, be careful where you get it from. If you have anything left over, a 50mm 1.8 wouldn't go amiss Smile
    Malcolm

desbarnio
    desbarnio  2 Scotland
    26 Feb 2012 - 11:45 AM

Cheers guys, so glad I joined , information and help is brilliant, thanks again

WhiteRose1
    WhiteRose1 e2 Member 4966 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England129 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Feb 2012 - 6:37 PM

Hi Craig, I should be on commission the number of times I've recommended the Canon 15-85. I've also got the Sigma 10-20. I mainly take landscapes and travel photographs and very rarely use anything other than the 15-85 lens. Of course if your hooked on the extra wide perspective then the 10-20 is an excellent lens but I find the 15 is wide enough for the majority of occasions I need wide. I think you can find them around or just under your budget.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.