Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

uploading photos

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

TRUEX
TRUEX  7218 forum posts10 Constructive Critique Points
5 Dec 2011 - 8:59 PM

So a white font = no title showing up, might try that tomorrow.

I'd seen this on 'Bezna's' last two photos.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Dec 2011 - 8:59 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Alan_Coles
2 Jan 2012 - 9:48 AM

Quote:
smaller images can look insignificant on the gallery and lack appeal to click into them.
The thumbnails don't have be viewed as small as they appear by default. I have the pages set up so that I see the thumbnails in two columns which I can expand to take up most of the screen.

You have to be an E2 member to do that I would assume... naw, the size thing on Epz really is a thing they should address in one of their future updates I reckon. Lots of new versions in the past have included stuff that have had little impact other than to raise dislikes about this that or the other. This site has tonnes of stuff...in reality lots of isn't needed/wanted by most I reckon.

Jestertheclown

Quote: You have to be an E2 member to do that I would assume...

You may well be right Alan.
In fact, I agree with just about everything you say there.
There must be "tonnes of stuff" on here that I certainly never use and if I'm honest, I don't want and can't find half of it.
As for being "E2", it's really just being able to see images at the larger size that swings it for me.

Jestertheclown

Not the case after all!
I've just looked at my daughter's (non-E2) account and she can view the gallery in the same way that I can.
I've no idea how to make it happen though.

karl
karl Site Moderator 10580 forum posts United Kingdom
2 Jan 2012 - 6:12 PM

The sites that are allowing larger uploads and that are popular are generally backed by someone else's £millions, so they can afford to offer the moon on a stick whilst they build a very large user-base, which they will then milk for every penny they can get out of them at some point in the future - because investors want returns Smile You only have to look at Facebook now they are starting to heavily monetise it - soon there will be adverts in the timeline/news feed, not just on the right hand side, and it'll go from there (plus the huuuuge amount they make from sharing your personal data).

Larger images = more processing power needed & more storage space (There are 3 different sizes of most images, plus backup copies of each size). Before someone says "But 3TB hard disks are so cheap" it's not as simple as that.

Just my own personal thoughts and insights Smile

Last Modified By karl at 2 Jan 2012 - 6:12 PM
Alan_Coles
4 Jan 2012 - 5:02 PM

Not the case after all!
I've just looked at my daughter's (non-E2) account and she can view the gallery in the same way that I can.
I've no idea how to make it happen though.

I had a look but couldn't - hidden in one the settings I suspect?

Quote: The sites that are allowing larger uploads and that are popular are generally backed by someone else's £millions, so they can afford to offer the moon on a stick whilst they build a very large user-base, which they will then milk for every penny they can get out of them at some point in the future - because investors want returns Smile You only have to look at Facebook now they are starting to heavily monetise it - soon there will be adverts in the timeline/news feed, not just on the right hand side, and it'll go from there (plus the huuuuge amount they make from sharing your personal data).

Larger images = more processing power needed & more storage space (There are 3 different sizes of most images, plus backup copies of each size). Before someone says "But 3TB hard disks are so cheap" it's not as simple as that.

Just my own personal thoughts and insights Smile

If either of them had ads but still offered the bigger upload for nowt guess which one I would pick? Also, at this moment in time (and yes I can see it reaching a point were it will wane) the quality of two of the sites I am thinking about seems better...can't recall the last time I spent an hour looking through galleries at epz with as much enthusiasm as I look at site ****** I don't seem to worry abt clicks / votes / ec's as was my preoccupation at times with epz. I got to the state where I didnt look at the EC gallery anyway as it was too predictable... even toay I reckon I could pick say 3 togs who will feature on the front page of that and thats without even looking! Not saying their work isn't of a standard that does not deserve it either, just the whole thing needed a revamp in some form or other.... imho of course Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.