Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Uploading pictures without permission.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Dealing with
LisaRose
LisaRose  7172 forum posts United States4 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2007 - 9:05 PM

Someone left this comment on one of my floral pictures that I did not have marked for mod's.

Quote: I've done something in Photoshop with this large version.... Also looks greatttttttt... soon I'll upload your picture when I'll get the permission to upload in my portfolio...

It kind of bothered me since I didn't have it marked for mod's. Maybe this is common, I don't know.

Lisa

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Feb 2007 - 9:05 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014813 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2007 - 9:08 PM

Sounds like boyd's at it again.

Seriously though, it has to be someone LIKE Boyd messing around.

User_Removed
7 Feb 2007 - 9:22 PM

Lisa.

Go to the picture page where all the comments are - copy the worrying comment and then scroll down to the bottom of the page where you'll find a link called 'Report Errors or Abuse here' (It's in red text). Click on it and raise your concern there and paste in the text previously copied. The Moderators will investigate and get back to you.

LisaRose
7 Feb 2007 - 9:32 PM

Thanks Mike, I did.

Lisa

Skodster
Skodster  8902 forum posts Ireland
8 Feb 2007 - 7:53 AM

I would be quite complimented to think someone had thought a photo of mine good enough to spend time on it!

After all, they didn't publish it either did they?

With all respect Lisa, don't post your shots if you are that worried about people doing things with them.

BTW - Your photo's are lovely and I can understand people being tempted to play around with them!

Smile

Sus
Sus  93183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2007 - 8:46 AM

While I see your concern, without knowing any more details, I would think it a bit off reporting it as errors and abuse, and even starting a forum thread about it. If you can't just PM the poster cos they're new, then just leave your views below their comment on your pic or one of their pics.

This sounds like a kind hearted and well intentioned comment, what a shame if it gets reported as abuse!

LisaRose
8 Feb 2007 - 9:33 AM

Perhaps it would have been better to just PM the person. However; I did not have this pic marked as one to be modified, and if we can all just upload each other's pictures why have a mod area?

Lisa

Sus
8 Feb 2007 - 9:55 AM

Well we can't just upload each other's pictures - or rather it's physically possible, but bad manners. In rare cases the original poster might want a mod but doesn't have e2 membership - a mod might then be carried out by another member and posted in their portfolio after getting permission from the original poster - as this would probably act as an incentive to the OP to get e2 membership after seeing the benefits of mods enabled, I think that although frowned upon, it wouldn't be a big frown if it was a one off.

This obviously isn't the case here, but I still think that unless you have reason to believe there was vindictiveness or harm meant by the comment, you are repaying a wellmeant intention with unnecessary unpleasantness.

Sus
8 Feb 2007 - 10:03 AM

Sorry Lisa, if that sounded a bit harsh. I hope you see where I'm coming from. If you looked back on the history of the site you would see that some valuable members have been lost because perhaps after making some clumsy remarks or comments, the negative reaction they got went way out of proportion to the original insult and then everyone's got upset and sometimes someone leaves in a huff... so I have learnt from experience diplomacy is the best course! But I DO think we should give people the benefit of the doubt.

irishman
irishman  101118 forum posts Ireland2 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2007 - 10:13 AM

Hi Lisa, you did right in reporting this, just had a look at the porfolio of the person who left you that comment, from the other comments he has left, he has done this to one other person also and by the looks of things, he has download another picture, adjusted it and then suggests to the owner on improving the picture to his likeing. Also if you check out his website, there is a sub heading 'EPZ CHOICE' although there are no pictures in this, well you can make up your own mind to what he would be putting in here.

Sus
8 Feb 2007 - 12:02 PM

I really think if Lisa has a problem with this person downloading her photos and improving on them she should take it up directly with them first. I really can't see a major problem with anything you have said that this person has done irishman -

Quote: he has download another picture, adjusted it and then suggests to the owner on improving the picture to his likeing.

Isn't this a major part of what EPZ is all about???! Yes, the download bit without mods enabled is cheeky, but unless the person he's done it to has messaged him to ask him not to, how is he supposed to know they're taking such offence? Many people would be flattered and grateful. It's a case of jumping in a bit too enthusiastically, rather than image theft for flips sake. If there is more to it than we know on this thread, then it that makes it even more unfair to start a thread about it.

Quote: there is a sub heading 'EPZ CHOICE' although there are no pictures in this, well you can make up your own mind to what he would be putting in here.

I'm probably missing something here, but this looks like innuendo and supposition. If you've found something to object to that impacts on EPZ on his website, that is the time to press the abuse button, not start rumours.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2007 - 1:05 PM

Providing the person is not uploading the photo and claiming it to be his there really isn't a problem. I have frequently learned things from others modifying my photos.

Lisa I can understand you being a little miffed that it has been done to a photo not marked for modification but I think a quiet email or PM to the person concerned would be better than a forum thread or an abuse report.

Ian

irishman
8 Feb 2007 - 1:33 PM

Quote: Yes, the download bit without mods enabled is cheeky, but unless the person he's done it to has messaged him to ask him not to, how is he supposed to know they're taking such offence?

Sus, so would have no problem someone downloading one of your pictures and then posting on their website, without telling you. This has happened to me and deem this to be theft.

Sus
8 Feb 2007 - 2:16 PM

I think we may be talking at cross purposes as there seems to be some misunderstanding here. The quote in the OP says 'upload in my PF' which doesn't imply they are uploading them somewhere offsite. If you're aware of a different problem than the one being discussed in this thread, then yeah, that is what the abuse button is for.

irishman
8 Feb 2007 - 3:34 PM

It doesn't matter where they are uploading the photographs to, if they don't have permission before hand (unless it's a mod)they shouldn't be doing it.

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Dealing with