Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Uploading Raw files from Sony A65 to Elements 7

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    antonym662
    25 Feb 2013 - 3:58 PM

Can anyone kindly offer idiot-proof instructions as to how to upload Raw files from my A65 to Elements7?? I have downloaded both a DNG converter and a 6.5 wotsit to my desktop and have no idea what to do next.... Please help an old dinosaurBlush.

Tony Moore.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Feb 2013 - 3:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

capto
    capto e2 Member 21162 forum postscapto vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Feb 2013 - 11:05 PM

This assumes that you have the Adobe DNG Converter, a different one may vary a little. Save your raw files to a new folder on the desktop. Make a second folder on the desktop with a suitable name to save your converted files to when done. Open DNG converter. In the 1 panel select the folder with the raw files. In panel 2 select the destination folder you have made. In panel 3 select file name and numbering etc. Panel 4 just leave as it is. At the bottom of the window click 'convert'. when done 'exit'. Your converted files will be in the new folder ready to open with Elements. Hope this is what you wanted.

ivor

antonym662
    26 Feb 2013 - 11:59 AM

Very many thanks, Ivor - exactly the right level of advice. I shall have a go...

Tony.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.