Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Uploads

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Steve_S
Steve_S e2 Member 8176 forum postsSteve_S vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jul 2012 - 11:07 PM

Help! My broadband connection has been pretty crap over the last week or so but I have been able to add photos (sometimes with difficulty), vote, add comments (though sometimes gallery photos were slow or didn't load even if other comments etc did). Tonight I can add this topic Smile but I have tried for a couple of hours to upload a photo and can't. The uploading photo bar runs for a time and then I get a ' IE cannot display the webpage' error. I've tried on my desktop and laptop but get the same problem. Any ideas?
Steve

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Jul 2012 - 11:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139444 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jul 2012 - 11:35 PM

Quote: My broadband connection has been pretty crap over the last week or so

What does your ISP have to say about that?

You might like to test your speed here and let us know the result. Smile

Steve_S
Steve_S e2 Member 8176 forum postsSteve_S vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jul 2012 - 11:40 PM

Did this earlier......on my desktop download speed 1.5Mb, upload 0.3 Mb. On my laptop now, download 3.5 Mb, upload 0.4 Mb. Still get same problem now trying to upload.

Steve_S
7 Jul 2012 - 12:35 AM

Mmm just cleared my browsing history and then uploaded my pic? One more thing though, why does (and this has happened for my last few pics) it not pick up my camera model from the EXIF data which is attached to the photo? Something seems to have changed just recently.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139444 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2012 - 12:40 AM

I always use Save for Web which strips out EXIF data anyway and maximises quality for a given size of file.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96057 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2012 - 8:49 AM

Same here for the camera model not showing on uploads - the rest of the EXIF seems to be showing up - just not the camera which now fill in when uploading. I suppose I should raise a report Smile

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84280 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2012 - 8:53 AM

I thought it was just 'me'! The upload form hasn't filled in the camera details for a while now (I've had to type in the camera make!)

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96057 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2012 - 8:58 AM

It's probably all of us and we've all been too lazy to fill in a report Smile

Last Modified By cattyal at 7 Jul 2012 - 8:58 AM
tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95916 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2012 - 7:47 PM

You are right - never even noticed until I read this

lawbert
lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2012 - 8:19 PM

Same Here, I generally use jpegs for uploading as its less PP work compared to a RAW for 1000 px dimension but it has never picked up my lens from a Jpeg but does as a Raw on the odd occasion I have uploaded from a Raw.
I may start uploading again using the film option and film used being Star Wars, Gone with the wind etc!!Tongue

Steve_S
7 Jul 2012 - 8:27 PM

Yes, it never gets the lens but used to get the camera body.

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2012 - 8:36 PM

Just as easy to type it in the description. Saves all that hassle of it telling you you've got your own camera make and name wrong.

But then perhaps it's my odd cameras! Wink

Steve_S
7 Jul 2012 - 8:41 PM

When it was working, it got the camera make and model right every time Smile

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2012 - 9:26 PM

My EXIF is not uploaded anyway, so I have enter all data manually. It is easier to type it out in the description, rather than work through all the boxes.

But then I'm just an old-fashioned guy! Smile

Carabosse
7 Jul 2012 - 9:27 PM

Quote: My EXIF is not uploaded anyway

Yes, it's a bit tricky if you're using film! Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.