Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

UR Galaxy Ltd Hong Kong

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Ian Pratt
    Ian Pratt  1275 forum posts
    3 Feb 2007 - 6:46 AM

I am thinking of buying a lens from this company on e-bay.They guarantee refund of any VAT charged in UK. Has anyone had any experience good or bad with them?
    Ian Pratt

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Feb 2007 - 6:46 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

andytvcams
    andytvcams  1210396 forum posts United Kingdom
    3 Feb 2007 - 7:05 AM

Here

Ian Pratt
    Ian Pratt  1275 forum posts
    3 Feb 2007 - 7:52 AM

Great. Many thanks.
    Ian

martinproe
    3 Feb 2007 - 10:03 AM

Ian, it was me who started the thread that Andy directed you to, and in the end I dealt with a company called Digital Rev. Again in hong kong and with their own website. I can only say that they were cheaper and wonderfully efficient. Also my camera and one of the lenses came with free gifts, including a case and two 511 batteries. I would recommend them to anyone and would certainly use them again.

davey
    davey  10246 forum posts England
    3 Feb 2007 - 3:33 PM

Ian,I have used Digital Rev twice,buying lenses.
    First time everything went perfectly well.
    The second time,after 2 days there was a fault with my lens.
    I contacted D.R. several times but still have not had a reply after more than a year.
    Got the lens repaired through Sigma UK for free,even though D.R. have their own 12 months guarantee (for what it`s worth).
    Everything is OK buying items from Hong Kong provided nothing goes wrong.
    Pay your money and take your chance.
    I never will again!!!

Davey

peter_davey
    3 Feb 2007 - 5:39 PM

used DR all ok, but they don't refund the import duties etc, so expect a 40 quid bill when the postman comes knocking.

aftertherain
    3 Feb 2007 - 6:41 PM

DR always state on the Ebay listing if they will refund the tax.
    It's not every item that they do that so it's worth reading carefully.
    All my items have had a refund, which I have to say, comes through in double quick time.

Britman
    Britman  81669 forum posts England
    3 Feb 2007 - 11:02 PM

If you use digitalrev own site all import/vat is added when you checkout. still hundreds of pounds cheaper then anywhere else on a lot of items. Even cheaper then Kerso.
    Bought my f2.9 70-200 from them. great service.

if i ever have an issue under warranty I got straight to canon.

redhed17
    redhed17  8663 forum posts England
    3 Feb 2007 - 11:20 PM

I bought a Nikon D200 off Digital Rev a few weeks ago, and while I did get a good deal, and didn't get charged any import duty,(although that would have been reimbursed as it was part of the original Ebay advert that it would be)their customer relations leave a lot to be desired. I'm glad I didn't have to try and recoup any paid import duty from them.

I had queries regarding choice of courier, about which I didn't get any replies to my emails, although they did use the the courier I wanted, and I wasn't charged the 9 extra it may have cost. So whether they took any notice of my emails, I don't know. They also sent me a tracking number with too many digits, and I only worked out the correct number after a couple of days, and again ignored emails, when it was only 30 miles away in Manchester.

Has has been said, you pays your money, you takes your chance.

magnus
    magnus  9661 forum posts United Arab Emirates5 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Feb 2007 - 6:21 AM

DV worked great for me - very efficient, very cheap.
    Recommended

Centurion
    Centurion  91243 forum posts England
    4 Feb 2007 - 11:03 AM

I have used UR Galaxy in the past. Excellent service and very fast delivery. I opted to buy the fedex fast delivery and the item arrived in two days.

They will soak up the VAT and tax should you get charged.

I recommend them highly.

Gav

Leightonhs
    4 Feb 2007 - 11:27 AM

I've just bought a sigma 70-300mm lens for my Canon eos 350d from a Hong Kong based company on eBay, I saved myself 50 so I reckon it was worth it (I think this is because you don't have to pay tax?)...good luck with yours!

-Leighton.

johnp
    johnp  10141 forum posts United Kingdom
    5 Feb 2007 - 4:12 PM

I cannot speak too highly of UR Galaxy. Hugo So is a pleasure to deal with. Very responsive to e-mail requests and in my experience if you want several items he will put a deal together that is better than the individual prices and carriage charges. Never had to pay vat or duty. My last order was placed on a Thursday and I had the goods in my hand at 8.30 on the following Monday morning. Beat that, Warehouse Express!!

I've even considered visiting my daughter in Oz travelling via Hong Kong, so I can go in and collect more goodies. The saving might take away some of the pain of the travel cost.

John

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.