Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

URGalaxy

ray1 10 541 1 England
14 Jan 2005 1:03PM
Has anyone purchased from URGalaxy (ebay). What was your experience and did you get caught for vat etc.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

canon_stu 11 140 4 England
14 Jan 2005 1:46PM
i have bought from urgalaxy on ebay ,but it was only a hand strap for my D60,it was much cheaper than the uk and there was no duty as it was marked as a gift. I would not hesitate using him again
urgalaxy 8 1
16 Oct 2006 12:08AM
Thanks. Welcome any time.

edited by ePz. Please read our terms and conditions re advertising in the forums.

Thanks
shaun 11 368 England
16 Oct 2006 7:25AM
Have bought a couple of filters and a tripod head from them. No VAT problems (small, low value items anyway). Hugo is always very quick to reply and ship the items. For about 1/2 what I'd pay here I can't complain!
johnp 10 141 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2006 11:14AM
I've bought quite a bit of gear from URGalaxy, the most recent being a Canon MR14EX ring flash and (separately) a Canon Angle Finder C.

Both arrived quickly - one was ordered on a Thursday morning and was in my hand at 0815 on the Monday, which was faster than ordering from some UK suppliers.

Never paid import duty or VAT as declared "gift of no value" or similar and address hand-written.

If you want more than one item I suggest you e-mail Hugo and ask for a price quote. You'll probably pay the same price for the kit but should save on postage.

John
ala_fred 11 62 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2006 2:41PM
No problems with them got a tamron macro lens in under 7 days no vat

Ala
mb3 7 1
18 Jul 2007 2:38PM
A warning though: they keep listing items that they don't have in stock, for a long time. Or be totally a fraud like for me: they kept my money, said it was out of stock and when I asked for a refund kept ignoring my emails. After 2 months they still ignore my emails and still have my money!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.