Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Urgent Lightroom help please - 'missing pictures' content...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    jimthistle73
    1 Mar 2012 - 3:19 PM

Hello all - I could really use some help here please! I've just spent all morning processing nearly 400 photos. When I went to export them, I noticed I'd named the folder incorrectly (date/month/year, instead of year/month/date). Being a stickler for such things, I renamed the folder containing the RAW files before exporting.

Net result was that I got a message telling me the export had failed as the folder was missing. I immediately renamed the folder back to its original name, but got the same result upon re-attempting the export. I've just tried rebooting Lightroom but when I mouse-over the thumbnails, I get a 'Photo missing' popup message.

So can I rectify this? Really don't fancy spending another five hours doing them all again...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Mar 2012 - 3:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jimthistle73
    1 Mar 2012 - 3:23 PM

Sorry - panic over... I had to change the name of the folder the RAW folder was in too, if that makes any sense. That is, I have a parent folder called (for instance) 12-02-28-unclebob. In this folder I have three more folders with the same name and the suffix, -RAW, -JPEGS and -FTP. It was the parent folder which needed renamed.

Christographer_Hull

Have you moved the files by any chance? This normally happens to me.
    Or if you've changed the name of the folder, it could of not recognised the folder. Are your pictures still physically on your hard drive?

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.