Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

User Awards

13 Dec 2007 11:03AM

Quote:A new feature for all you e2 members out there. User Awards!. You can make an award using our award generator or upload one. When you have done this shortlist you favourite photos or just vote normally.

You can view both from your award manager. You get one vote every 7 days so choose wisely!. View your favoruites in your award gallery or everybody elses in the users award gallery!

Seems us e2 members have a new toy to play with .... user awards.

Are there are any guide-lines for how ePhjotozine staff see this facility being used. Or is it open to personal choice.

Can I, for example, create and award a "DaveU Stinker of the Week" award?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry
12 9.2k 92
13 Dec 2007 11:09AM
Ah yes Dave, please do.

I was thinking of creating the ePZ C**p Photo of the Week award Smile
13 Dec 2007 11:11AM
lol Cheryl .... we can start the first Awards clique. I'll vote yours Stinker of the Week if you promise to award mine Cr*p Photo of the Week Wink
dougv e2
10 8.4k 3 England
13 Dec 2007 11:14AM
We moderators are going to have a Deleted Photo of the Week Award.

Wink
csurry
12 9.2k 92
13 Dec 2007 11:16AM
Oh no I have much more respect than that Dave it will go to deserving image Smile

Hey Doug, you can delete all mine it'll save me a job.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
13 Dec 2007 11:17AM
Just wondering:
do you have to vote on a photo uploaded during the week (as you can vote 1 every 7 days), or any photo uploaded anytime?
csurry
12 9.2k 92
13 Dec 2007 11:19AM
Cole this thread is quite obviously for people who don't care about that, take any "serious" questions elsewhere and let us slag off the idea in peace.

Tongue
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
13 Dec 2007 11:19AM
lol.....
ok, piss on....Smile
Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
13 Dec 2007 11:20AM
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
13 Dec 2007 11:21AM
lol....true though
:-p
13 Dec 2007 11:21AM
LOL Boyd ..... you've just made my day Smile
javam e2
10 1.1k 19 United Kingdom
13 Dec 2007 11:23AM
So how does this 7 days window and shortlist work?

Is it monday to sunday or 7 days after my last award was given?
Will my short list only show the images that I have shortlisted since my last award was given or all of them?

Can I give one award a week but to a picture uploaded at any date (the current list of awarded photos suggests this may be the case)?

If this has been explained somewhere then apologies, but the post in new features was brief at best.

Neil
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
13 Dec 2007 11:25AM
Again, serious mask on:

Could it be arrange in the order of time it is awarded by user, rather than time it was uploaded?

serious mask off....

:-p
csurry
12 9.2k 92
13 Dec 2007 11:27AM
Neil, start another thread for serious questions please, this is reserved for "grumpy old ePZ users" only.

Cole - start your own thread - I won't tell you again. I'll send the boys around to deal with Lucky!
13 Dec 2007 11:27AM
Agreed Neil .... I think we need more info and possibly guidelines as to usage (sorry Cheryl, I'm not as grumpy as I look).

My aim in raising this topic was'nt to slag the new feature off. Just to try and get more information on how it works and how we should use it.

As with many of the e2 features, some will love it, some hate it, some abuse it, some ignore it and so on and so forth.

And Boyd, can have your award next week please Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.