Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Using Actions and Image Processor in Photoshop.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    CathyT
    CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Jan 2011 - 4:10 PM

I'm probably the only person not to have noticed the Image Processor option in PS but I thought I'd pass this on.

Today I had a folder of portraits that I wanted to turn black and white, sharpen and resize so I could e-mail them to the customer to choose which ones they wanted, so I made an Action.It consisted of levels, curves,channel mixer,unsharp mask and resize to 700px

..see how to do it HERE

Once you have done that ...go to File > Scripts >Image processor.

Select the folder of images you wish to convert, save in same location adds a sub folder, you can then save as a Jpg, PSD or tiff etc. and at the bottom under preference, run actions, you can select the action you have just made.

It converted a complete folder in under a minute..

As I say I'm probably the only one that didn't realise you could do this but thought I'd pass it on.

Last Modified By CathyT at 21 Jan 2011 - 4:14 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Jan 2011 - 4:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

arhb
    arhb e2 Member 72276 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Jan 2011 - 4:18 PM

I'm using CS1 Cathy, and it's batch automation on here, but sounds the same.
    Hoping to upgrade to CS3 or 4 later in the year.

CathyT
    CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Jan 2011 - 4:20 PM

I think it starts at PS2....

CathyT
    21 Jan 2011 - 4:21 PM

It was a tip from Joan West on FB...saved me loads of time...

User_Removed
    21 Jan 2011 - 6:26 PM

Nice one Cathy. (A very nice one!) Thank you! Smile

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315379 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Jan 2011 - 8:47 PM

Its a very handy feature Cathy, been using it for a long while. Saves a lot of time with time lapse stuff when I might have hundreds of images that need processing and resizing Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.