Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Using DSLR video as very high speed motor drive

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Henchard
    Henchard  92744 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Sep 2009 - 10:45 AM

Not sure if anyone else has touched on this in the Forums (as I don't have a 5dmk2 I've not really been looking at those threads).

However, yesterday I went to Yervant's seminar in Dublin (well it was free and at the Guinness brewery!). One technique he has started using is to use a 5Dii in video mode to shoot his clients, particularly when shooting his trademark street type shots.

He then opens the files in CS3 or CS4 extended and then opens the animation window and can scroll through all frames and select the exact frame he wants (e.g the exact point that they are looking at each other etc.) and use ctrl+A, ctrl+c etc to copy and paste the frame as separate image to work in the normal way.

Whilst the image isn't as high res as a full frame still camera it is certainly adequate for many of the filler shots in his wedding albums and he did demonstrate a small album shot completely in this manner.

He also claims that as the mechanical shutter is not opening and closing these images are sharper.

In his view the digital/still world is integrating quickly and everyone will need to keep up.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Sep 2009 - 10:45 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Sep 2009 - 10:52 AM

I was thinking of doing this.
    But as I was told the res isn't great doing this, so I didn't give it a try.

riggwelter
    30 Sep 2009 - 12:17 PM

Watch this RED space.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139370 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Sep 2009 - 12:47 PM

Quote: Whilst the image isn't as high res as a full frame still camera

Actually at 2Mp it isn't as high as the cheapest compact you can buy - or even many camera phones these days! Wink

I will give a try sometime, though, on my 5D II.

Quote: Watch this RED space.

I really wouldn't bother - it's a history of broken promises!

Last Modified By Carabosse at 30 Sep 2009 - 12:48 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.