Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Using my equipment more often!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Inspired_images

I guess like an number of people on this site I have a bit of a collection of cameras that I love. The problem is just getting around to using them and I wondered what strategies other people have to ensure they really get out and shoot with them. I know a good start is to have them loaded with film and I've done that. I shoot both for pleasure/fun and also to capture images to sell and because of the latter point I tend to like to have my digitals with me.
    So to the list of what I have:

1950s Zeiss Ikon Nettar 517/16. This produces fantastic images and is a delight to use. It is also my latest purchase
    Bronika SQAi with 50 and 80mm lens. I really like the waist level viewfinder, really gives a new perspective.
    Wooden panoramic pinhole gives 11 by 5 cm negs from 120 roll film. This is an amazing bit of kit and at f270 great fun.
    Nikon F4s. What can I say built like a tank and something I dreamed about owning almost 20 years ago.
    Nikon D70s permanently converted to shoot Infra Red. Produces amazing images especially with a 10- 20mm lens.
    Nikon D300. My main workhorse, superb throughout.
    Oh and a pinhole camera made from a coke can! Shoots directly onto paper had some really interesting images. (There is one on my portfolio!)

When I do shoot film I only use B&W and develop my own which I really enjoy.
    So folks any ideas?
    Thanks

Chris

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    23 Dec 2012 - 4:47 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Umberto_Vanni
    Umberto_Vanni e2 Member 9365 forum postsUmberto_Vanni vcard Scotland
    24 Dec 2012 - 5:02 PM

I guess most people must be out using their cameras judging by the number of replies you've had Wink

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53623 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Dec 2012 - 5:36 PM

I've only the one camera body and using that well is hard enough, i guess for me its just whether that camera can capture the image.
    For you i'd say find the strengths for the images produced in each body and play to those strengths to make great images - If you had to show me 7 excellent images which would you choose, or need to shoot, from each of those bodies?

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.