Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Using RAW with a Fuji S5000

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    dalowsons
    dalowsons  1089 forum posts Australia
    3 Nov 2005 - 1:23 PM

Hi guys,

I know the RAW topic has been covered many times, but I can't seem to find the answer to my query.

I am using a Fuji S5000 and I am keen to start using RAW. Problem is - software to read it ! The software which came with my camera seems to convert it directly into TIFF (or JPEG, can't remember) with no options at all, which seems to miss the point.

I have downloaded a trial version of Capture One LE but it doesn't seem to "see" the RAW files ??? It will show me images of JPEG files which are on my computer, but not RAW.

The other option would be Raw Shooter Essentials, but a) this doesn't seem to work on my computer and b) I don't believe it supports Fuji.

Does anybody have any other options for me, or perhaps any ideas what I am doing wrong in C1 ??

Thanks !!!

Al

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Nov 2005 - 1:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul_Barr
    Paul_Barr  9544 forum posts Scotland
    3 Nov 2005 - 1:41 PM

Alexandra,

C1 and Rawshooter don't support the Fuji RAW format.

I used to have an S5000 and used the RAW converter that came with Photoshop elements 3. That worked fine.

Paul

dalowsons
    3 Nov 2005 - 3:17 PM

Thanks for your reply, Paul, at least I know that it's not something I'm doing wrong ! Unfortunately I have only got Elements 2 or Photoshop 7 ... neither of which seem to help.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions ?

Thanks !

Al

aftertherain
    4 Nov 2005 - 12:07 AM

As there's now a Photoshop Elements 4 you could probably pick up a PSE3 at a good price.

rgmphotography
    4 Nov 2005 - 12:10 AM

You might wanna ask your question on this Fuji s5000 specific forum, there is a wealth of knowledge from fuji owners on there.

http://www.s5000.net/phpBB2/index.php

dalowsons
    4 Nov 2005 - 12:11 AM

I may still consider it, thanks - but I have just been given a Canon 350D by my very clever husband (he knows how to make his home life comfortable Wink so it does rather resolve my problem !

Al

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.